No announcement yet.

Trane XL824 Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It IS a Zwave controller. Without the API or a plugin, it WILL NOT work with Homeseer. Personally, I would pay a couple hundred bucks to any developer that could reliably integrate it
    Jim
    ----
    Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
      I think there is some misinformation here. The xl824 does have z-wave capability, the question is just whether it is a nexia-only implementation or whether it will work with homeseer. There is a z-wave alliance sheet for this thermostat: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1000/pics
      This makes me think it will work, I think they have just written the manual very vaguely so as to encourage its use with nexia.

I would really love to use this thermostat but I would like to be sure it will work with homeseer.
      Exactly what is it the 824 provides that the 624 does not? Except for some display features (weather, etc) and better blower speed control, they seem pretty similar? I have 3 - 624's and they do everything I need to do for a thermostat (ie mode/fan/temp). I even get the temp and humidity from them.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Exactly what is it the 824 provides that the 624 does not? Except for better blower speed control...
        Z
        That is pretty important with the modulating furnace.
        Jim
        ----
        Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
          That is pretty important with the modulating furnace.
          So the 624 doesn't provide that function internally as well? My understanding was it's just not accessible via Zwave was the only difference?

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
            So the 624 doesn't provide that function internally as well? My understanding was it's just not accessible via Zwave was the only difference?

Z
            If I was previously unclear, I have the 624, and NO, it does not communicate with my furnace for proper fan control.
            Jim
            ----

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
              It IS a Zwave controller. Without the API or a plugin, it WILL NOT work with Homeseer. Personally, I would pay a couple hundred bucks to any developer that could reliably integrate it
              Yes, it is a z-wave controller "nexia bridge" they call it, but it also has the ability to be a z-wave device or node, it is mentioned in the manual briefly "z-wave repeater mode". The manual mentions that it is possible to use two or more xl824 in the same house on the same nexia network, but it just says the others will automatically configure themselves as repeaters. That makes me think it has the ability to function as a z-wave device.

Comment

New Nexia Thermostat model has bridge built in

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
                Yes, it is a z-wave controller "nexia bridge" they call it, but it also has the ability to be a z-wave device or node, it is mentioned in the manual briefly "z-wave repeater mode". The manual mentions that it is possible to use two or more xl824 in the same house on the same nexia network, but it just says the others will automatically configure themselves as repeaters. That makes me think it has the ability to function as a z-wave device.
                My service man told me that the new thermostat will have the bridge built in, therefor not needing the bridge.

Comment

so i am looking to use the 824 with z wave only for HS, not nexia... do we know if they included the zwave bridge in the model?
                  HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                    so i am looking to use the 824 with z wave only for HS, not nexia... do we know if they included the zwave bridge in the model?
                    The 824 has a Zwave bridge built into the thermostat which then communicates with Nexia. I've not found a way to get it to acknowledge any Zwave commands directly, I suspect it's permanently linked to the internal bridge already.

I use the 624 instead but they have their own issues as well.

Z

Comment

Bump
                      Has anyone got the XL824 to work with Homeseer?

Comment

Working...
                      X