GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post

Yes - I've entered 8319 and set it. When I do that, it takes the setting (as it does with 2407) but I don't see any difference in behavior. I've just downgraded the zwave plugin, excluded and re-added a tstat and confirmed there are no changes in behaviors really, its still reporting incorrectly.
    If I set the fan to 'On', then poll, it gets the right state back still, so it still seems its something on the thermostat itself still, but could certainly be something with the way that the zwave plugin is interacting with the tstat.
    Are you using it in cool mode? If so when the unit reaches the set temp you have entered for the cool set point and you hear a click the 'Operating State' will show "Pending Cool". It takes 5 minutes before the unit will say Idle. That is to protect the compressor. Is that what you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Are you using it in cool mode? If so when the unit reaches the set temp you have entered for the cool set point and you hear a click the 'Operating State' will show "Pending Cool". It takes 5 minutes before the unit will say Idle. That is to protect the compressor. Is that what you are seeing?
      No - I'm familiar with that. Here's what I've just recently discovered.... Operating state seems to be reporting correctly for when AC is called. I've now seen it update correctly for 'cooling', 'pending cool', and 'idle' after that. But, if I just manually put the fan on, operating state never goes to 'fan only', just stays idle.

Comment

No - I'm familiar with that. Here's what I've just recently discovered.... Operating state seems to be reporting correctly for when AC is called. I've now seen it update correctly for 'cooling', 'pending cool', and 'idle' after that. But, if I just manually put the fan on, operating state never goes to 'fan only', just stays idle.
        When I set mine to 'fan only' I see it stay in 'idle' also. I believe that is normal because you are not in cooling or heating mode just have the fan on. So when I change the fan from 'auto' to 'on' I see both the 'Fan Mode' and 'Fan State' as 'On'. Do you see this? I think yours is working correctly. You can go back to 234 if you want, it shouldn't change anything in relation to the thermostat.

Comment

When I set mine to 'fan only' I see it stay in 'idle' also. I believe that is normal because you are not in cooling or heating mode just have the fan on. So when I change the fan from 'auto' to 'on' I see both the 'Fan Mode' and 'Fan State' as 'On'. Do you see this? I think yours is working correctly. You can go back to 234 if you want, it shouldn't change anything in relation to the thermostat.
          Interesting. This definitely didn't used to be the behavior - I know this because I was sending notifications off of fan only state. What do you think is the purpose of the 'fan only' mode in operating state then?

Also, to add to that point, if you set the fan to 'on', then poll zwave devices, operating state shows as 'fan only', which leads me to believe that maybe there is a bug around this...
          Last edited by jon102034050; September 3rd, 2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Interesting. This definitely didn't used to be the behavior - I know this because I was sending notifications off of fan only state. What do you think is the purpose of the 'fan only' mode in operating state then?

Also, to add to that point, if you set the fan to 'on', then poll zwave devices, operating state shows as 'fan only', which leads me to believe that maybe there is a bug around this...
            I am not sure what all you are doing but I just set the thing and let it run. I guess I don't have any interest in those areas so I can't help with that. Fan Only I guess would be just for moving the air around which isn't really that much of an advantage unless you are trying to clear out the smoke from burning the dinner!

Comment

I am not sure what all you are doing but I just set the thing and let it run. I guess I don't have any interest in those areas so I can't help with that. Fan Only I guess would be just for moving the air around which isn't really that much of an advantage unless you are trying to clear out the smoke from burning the dinner!
              Gathering runtime hours on my HVAC I have a 3 zone system with a singular furnace/AC, and I maintain a virtual device that shows the state of the system on if its cooling, heating, fan only, or idle. Then, the eventual goal is to get it into influxDB and make it pretty with grafana. Is it nuts? Yes, probably considering I could just buy a cloud connected thermostat that does this basically for me already, but I like the local only aspect of a zwave t-stat.

Comment

Working...
              X