Config setup screens disappeared after initial setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config setup screens disappeared after initial setup

I setup the the plugin (I have a trail atm in case it is relevant), but for some reason I can no longer see the config screens for either the root device or any of the stats. What's more my logs are plagued with error [327] messages (mainly two types for each of the created devices
    [327]: ERROR: 'Lounge': Method not found: System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Legend System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.LegendCollec tion.Add(string)
    [327]: ERROR: GetObj 'GET_SYSTEM' (SYSTEM): Error converting value {null} to type 'HeatmiserNeo.PROGRAM_MODE'. Path 'ALT_TIMER_FORMAT'.

Can you tell me how I can fix that and get full functionality back?

Thanks in advance

PS Happy to provide a dump of error messages if it would be helpful

Hi podvodo ,

[EDIT] Before anything, please try BETA 3.0.0.12. And please provide all errors.

Which plugin version are you using? If it's the released 1.0.0.9 - please try latest BETA 3.0.0.11 (in Beta section).

As first troubleshooting step can you please enable "Developer Mode" on PLUG-INS Manage page and then disable/enable the plugin. This will start the plugin with the console window, where you might be able to see more errors. Often this is caused by .NET version mismatch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DeveloperMode.png Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	1336214

In any case, I will add more error handling and update the BETA version. It will be difficult for me to test the error handling (difficult to reproduce the error) - but hopefully should help you.

Comment

Forgot to ask - are you on Windows or Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by podvodo View Post
        my logs are plagued with error [327] messages (mainly two types for each of the created devices)
        PS Happy to provide a dump of error messages if it would be helpful
        Yeah, I checked the source code, there's enough error checking, so there should be more errors logged. So definitely more errors would be helpful.

And I guess you don't know when and why it stopped working? I will try to find out if Heatmiser pushed some new firmware update which could break comms.

[327] is actually the HomeSeer device id (your NeoHub device?)

Comment

Hi alexbk66

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

So I'm using the linux version (running on a raspberry Pi 3 B+). There are loads more errors (as you said) so I attached part of my logs - they are very repetitive though, so I suspect its the same errors being returned every time any of the devices are polled.

As to when it happened: as soon as I entered the IP for the Neo Hub during the configuration of the plugin and it successfully found all of the neo devices. I switched from the config screen to the Device management screen and then when I went back to the config screen the tabs were no longer there. And I have not been able to get them back since (even removing the plugin or downloading the BETA version didn't change anything). It feels like a value got set in a config file associated with the plugin somehow that now means it will not display those extra tabs (of course that could be utter nonsense...)?

Anyway, I downloaded the beta version and turned on developer mode as you suggested, but that didn't change the tabs I see (I included screenshots post these updates).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	AKHeatmiserNeo_Config.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1336296Click image for larger version

Name:	AKHeatmiserNeoHubRoot.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1336297

What I did notice is that after I upgraded to the beta version a number of extra devices showed up on my list. The top ones are new, the bottom ones (with green icons) were there before.Is that expected?

Click image for larger version

Name:	My HomeSeer.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1336295

I also attached a log of the errors that I got after upgrading to BETA: [ATTACH]n1336294[/ATTACH]

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

I'm using the linux version
            I also attached a log of the errors
            Thank you for detailed info.

1. The "Developer Mode" is only for Windows - on Linux you have console output anyway.
            2. The good news - there's only one error now (about Charting), the second error (Error converting value {null} to type 'HeatmiserNeo.PROGRAM_MODE') is gone - Heatmiser changed slightly the comms protocol.
            3. The Charting error is caused by .NET version mismatch. Again, good news - I can reproduce the error on my Linux VM, so should be easy to fix.

Comment

What's your Mono version?

Comment

Possibly I haven't even tested Charts (from ver. 1.0.0.7) on Linux...
                It's using System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting assembly which seems to be different on Mono.
                I have old Mono 5.20 though, may try to upgrade to latest 6.4.0

As a quick fix I can temporarily disable the charts if running on Linux.

Comment

I checked the version and I also have the old one 5.20

Comment

See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...ion-add-string

Comment

Great thanks: that did the trick regarding giving me access to the config tab again.

Comment

Great thanks: that did the trick regarding giving me access to the config tab again.
                        In the mean time I will try to get charts working on Linux, but probably it will require completely redoing the chart using different graphics library.

I will also open support ticket on Mono Github.

Comment

BETA 3.0.0.14 in updater - using System.Web.DataVisualization - works on Linux!

Comment

after I upgraded to the beta version a number of extra devices showed up on my list. The top ones are new, the bottom ones (with green icons) were there before.Is that expected?

Click image for larger version  Name:	My HomeSeer.jpg Views:	17 Size:	71.3 KB ID:	1336295
                            The devices with the green icons are the root (parent) devices for each thermostat. All other devices should be grouped under the root, i.e.:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	1337261

It looks like you have grouping disabled?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	1337262

Comment

Hi alexbk66

That's all working now and with the grouping turned on it's all making sense.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
                              X