Event actions do not seem to work with new Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event actions do not seem to work with new Beta

Unfortunately I can not get the event actions to run when using the latest BETA version (3.0.0.26)

I created a basic timed event that was set to run at 14:48. The event triggered and appeared in the LOG as well as the " Last Ran " notice. However this did not change the status of the thermostat. By selecting the manual options in the devices section of Homeseer I am able to change the thermostat mode so I do not know what thee issue is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the event.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1371158

P.S. I have deleted the post from the previous topic as it looked messy.

Originally posted by nickgosling View Post
    Unfortunately I can not get the event actions to run when using the latest BETA version (3.0.0.26)

I created a basic timed event that was set to run at 14:48. The event triggered and appeared in the LOG as well as the " Last Ran " notice. However this did not change the status of the thermostat. By selecting the manual options in the devices section of Homeseer I am able to change the thermostat mode so I do not know what thee issue is.

Name:	the event.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1371158

P.S. I have deleted the post from the previous topic as it looked messy.
    Thank you.

I'm investigating now.

I found one issue with Hold temperature device - it has two states with value 0 - "Not Connected" and temperature range also starting from 0

I will fix in the code, but for now can you please change all your thermostat Hold temperature devices range to start from 1, not 0, see screenshot:

Name:	heatmiser1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1371161

Comment

Apart from HOLD issue - I can't see any problems (still checking).

Can you please enable log:

Name:	heatmiser2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1371164

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply again. I may have sorted it.

Maybe I missed something but it looks like this plugin has had an update that I missed. There are new devices called RootNEO that seem to have replaced the old NeoStatRoot devices. Anyway I will now go about deleting the old devices. All slightly confusing but it is working now. Here is a screenshot that I hope can help you sort for anyone else As you can see the kitchen now has 2 entries.

Name:	New devices created by pliugin.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1371166

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply again. I may have sorted it.

Maybe I missed something but it looks like this plugin has had an update that I missed. There are new devices called RootNEO that seem to have replaced the old NeoStatRoot devices. Anyway I will now go about deleting the old devices. All slightly confusing but it is working now. Here is a screenshot that I hope can help you sort for anyone else As you can see the kitchen now has 2 entries.

Name:	New devices created by pliugin.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1371166
          Yeah, there was an update for improving thermostat display in HSMobile, just a post above yours https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...00#post1354600

Comment

So, just as an update, if i delete the old device. In this example NeoStatRoot-kitchen. Homeseer goes about deleting all the child devices as well. Then if I restart the plugin the child devices all reappear as a single group again prefixed with the original NeoStat"...". I can then reassign them to their rooms as before. I am not sure if changing the name to RootNeo was a deliberate change but it was quite confusing working out how to get back to normal and this is the reason the events did not work correctly as the old root device was still active but none of the functions worked.

I hope that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yeah, there was an update for improving thermostat display in HSMobile, just a post above yours https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...00#post1354600
              Ok. No problem. Love the plugin.

Comment

The problem is that for HSMobile the root device can't have any controls (they couldn't explain why ). Especially in HS4. So in preparation for porting to HS4 I need to create another device which will have the controls. And the root is only for status. From my view - completely stupid, but we can't change the world.

I change my other plugins, i.e.

Name:	heatmiser3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1371172

Comment

if i delete the old device. In this example NeoStatRoot-kitchen. Homeseer goes about deleting all the child devices as well.
                  It's not HS - it's my code

Comment

I am not sure if changing the name to RootNeo was a deliberate change
                    BTW, in my plugins the only important bit is the device address (which is not shown in your screenshots - you need to enable in settings).

Anything else, including names/types/locations you are free to change. The plugin functionality is only based on the device address. So if I change the address (in the code - you can't change it) - the plugin will create another device.

Comment

I'm still investigating the HOLD issue - sometimes when I change state HOLD => NORMAL for some reason Hold Temp. device state goes to "Not Connected".

Comment

And two reminders:
                        1. Please change all your Hold Temp. ranges to start from 1.
                        2. And please be aware that I will have to add another "Control" device soon.

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.27 (in BETA, you know) fixed Hold temperature going to 0

Comment

Great thanks for the updates. All working perfectly.

Comment

Great thanks for the updates. All working perfectly.
                              My pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X