Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire 8825 System Controller + 8818 Distribution Panel

Hi - New to the Forum

I have three Aprilaire 8870 thermostats controlling my geothermal system. The stats are connected through an 8818 distribution panel to an 8825 System Controller on my network. The controller is accessed through a Java applet which requires an old version of Java which is no longer supported and is a security risk. Is there a HomeSeer plugin that can access this controller? Or is there any other way to talk to the distribution panel so that I can control my thermostats remotely?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Buchanan, Michigan

This plugin won't work with the 8870 thermostats, sorry.
    It only supports the newer models 8810, 8820, 8830 and 8840

Comment

OK - after screwing around for a while with a couple VMs and old versions of Java, I just gave up and purchased a few 8810 stats to replace my 8870's. Now I guess I'm about to joint the HomeSeer family.

Thanks,
      Jack

Comment

I just installed an 8810 tonight to try out as a thermostat for my in floor radiant in the basement and added it into homeseer with no issues. The 8810 seems like a good option for a "low" end thermostat. I also have an 8840 added into homeseer and had no issues adding the 2nd instance. Will be adding another 8810 when I can find one cheap for the radiant in another area of the house.

Comment

Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X