Support for the aprilaire 8800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for the aprilaire 8800

before I pull the trigger on purchasing I am wondering if this plug in supports the 8800 I have 8 zones they go through the 8819 Distribution Panel talk with rs485 protocol thanks

no it doesn't, it only supports models 8810, 8820, 8830 and 8840

Comment

any chance of getting it to include the 8800?

Comment

No because it uses a different and older API

Comment

well that is to bad as the 8800 allows me to use a primary and Aux heat Source from what I can tell the 8810, 8820, 8830, 8840 does not have that ability and with a heat pump and baseboard heater it is nice to have the ability of controlling both on a single Stat in each zone

Comment

I know you can control more than one heat or cooling source at least with the 8840 because I have one that is set up like that. I have two heating sources and one cooling on the same thermostat. One heat source is a zoning valve for a hot water coil in my furniture and the second heat source, or stage as it is labeled in aprilaire, is the gas portion of my furnace. The water coil is primary and gas is secondary. Works wonderfully. Now in a zoned setup though that is a whole nother beast. You should call into aprilaire support and they can go over your options. They are really good.

Comment

Going to try to stay with the 8800s if i can looking at other options at this time

Comment

The plugin does not support the 8620W?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
                  The plugin does not support the 8620W?
                  no it doesn't

Comment

Man...I should have read this forum more thoroughly. I just ordered one. I will cancel it.

Comment

This plugin only supports the 8800 series home automation thermostats. 8810,8820,8830 and 8840 I believe.

Comment

Does anyone know if this plugin will work with the 8870 model?

Comment

Originally posted by john_nyc View Post
                          Does anyone know if this plugin will work with the 8870 model?
                          No the 8870 model is not supported

Comment

Working...
                          X