Connectivity to 8830 with HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity to 8830 with HS4

I have just installed an 8830 unit in my home (will be installing multiple) and configured the device for home automation mode. Device is on my network and I can ping it but the Aprilaire spud does not show the device nor an IP for it. You cannot even search for the device on the network. What step is missing to enable the thermostat to be managed by the plugin?

You need to go to the Config page of the plugin, and enter the IP Address of your thermostat:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...-in-user-guide

Comment

Under Safari the box to input the IP does not appear. Under Chrome it does.

Comment

And as I will be adding multiple instances of this thermostat will I need to install the plug-in 3 times or can one instance manage 3 thermostats?

Comment

For multiple thermostats, you have to create one instance of the plugin for each thermostat. From the "Plugins > Installed" page, click on the + icon on the Aprilaire tile to create a new instance

I will try to have a look at the problem with Safari.

Comment

thank you spud for all the help. I have gotten the three instances of the plugin working and using chrome (begrudgingly) have had no issues with not showing boxes. My HVAC system is beyond what nest or others can do and having worked on security breaches involving thermostats and the power grid I am truly happy to have my data staying more local.

Comment

Working...
            X