Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Send Outdoor Temperature to Thermostats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spud - thanks for responding, a script function would be perfect as I can just trigger it when the sensor data changes.

PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

In version 3.0.0.12 available as a Beta I have added the SetOutdoorTemperature scripting function that takes the temperature as a parameter. The plugin assumes the temperature passed is in the scale (Fahrenheit or Celsius) of your HS4 configuration.
      For this to work the outdoor sensor (parameter #15) in the installer settings of your thermostat needs to be set to "Provided by Protocol (Automation)". If the Thermostat has not received an update to the outdoor value in 10 minutes it will assume the current value is no longer valid.
      Also the plugin will create an additional child device called "Written Outdoor​ Temperature"

I couldn't really test this feature because my Aprilaire 8840 no longer works, and my 8810 does not support this feature, so please test it and report.

Here is an example of C# script for this function:

Code:
      public object Main(object[] parm)
      {
      hs.WriteLog("Aprilaire Script", "Setting Outdoor Temp to 20.3");

hs.PluginFunction("Aprilaire", "", "SetOutdoorTemperature", new object[] {20.3});

return 0;
      }

Comment

spud thanks for the quick software update!

.. looks like ill be waiting a bit as I plugged my 8840 back in and it failed a firmware update of some type and now just gives me a white screen.. so aprilaire gave me some things to try but it never boots up so we assue its bricked and they offered to replace it free of charge so i sent it off today but they said allow 2-3 weeks at least till i get a new one (unless i wanted to pay for a new one then they would expedite me a new one right away.. which I chose not to do)... hopefully the units arent that fragile if I use it in real service!
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
        X