Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteyG
    replied
    I have it. Not worth the money. It is mostly a version 3. The Alexa implementation sucks. It does not have a spatial microphone array. Meaning when you have multiple Alexa units within ear shot of each other they automatically decide which hears better and respond through the Alexa with the best reception. This thing answers no matter what. So you get echo.

Oh they did fix the lose fitting wall plate that came with the 3. But still save the money buy a three.

Cant say if the plugin works with the 4 though. I havent hooked it up to HS yet.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    This seems great.... If you don't have an Echo already. Since Amazon has yet to be able to determine which echo you are talking to by proximity, then if you have another one close to your thermostat I can see it causing issues. Sure you could change the wake word, but it already sucks for my 3 echos that I have to space them out and give them alternating names (2 dots are Echo, and the Echo is Alexa which sits in between them).

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied
    Wonder what kind of speaker it has? It says you can use it to play music but I can't imagine that would sound too good.

Leave a comment:

• "Be the first to order the ecobee4 with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service."

Received this morning...
    Attached Files
Working...
X