• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocxoman
    started a topic New HS3 on Ubuntu 16.04

New HS3 on Ubuntu 16.04

Spud,

I just installed HS3 on a Synology NAS in a virtual machine running Ubuntu 16.04 and retired my SEL. The installation went without a hitch but I found that the two files you advised to move are still located in the HomeSeer root folder. Should I move them to the bin folder? I am seeing some things in the log like
    [Ecobee]-> ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.

Jim

Synology DS718+ 16GB RAM 2 Seagate IronWolf 3TB drives
    Ubuntu 16.04 using 2 CPU Cores, 4GB RAM, and 35GB Disk space running under VMM
    HS3 3.0.0.368 (Linux)
    mono JIT compiler version 5.8.0.108
    Ecobee plugin 3.0.0.22
    Envisalink 3.0.0.29
    UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.6542.35207
    Zwave 3.0.1.190
    NetCam 3.0.0.14

• spud
    replied
    have you installed mono-complete ?

can you access the config page of the plugin and set the log level to Debug?

Please post the complete logs when the plugin starts

Leave a comment:

• ocxoman
    replied
    Moved the files. No apparent change.

Spud,

Thanks for the reply. Made the file moves and not only stopped and restarted the plugin but also restarted HS3. Still getting 3 successive error messages of "Call failed for an unknown reason. One group of 3 was right before the Startup complete message and another group of 3 about every 4 minutes of operation.

There seems to be no change in the operation of the plugin as far as I can tell.

I'm starting HS3 in a terminal window in Linux so I can watch all the info. Let me know if this is just something that you want to pursue further.

BTW, I was getting the same thing in the Log when I was using the Hometroller SEL.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    yes you need to move the dll to bin and then restart the plugin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X