Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecobee Plugin Feature Request

Hello Spud,
    I've noticed recently in the Ecobee app that they have started changing the color of the circle around each lilbee and thermostat from black to white when the sensor is being used by Ecobee and black when the temp reading is not being used.

Is it possible to bring that information into your plugin? Wondering if they have exposed it in the API yet?
    Thank you!
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Bump
    Plugin's:

Comment

Hey Spud, not sure if you’ve seen the above post, the new forum has created a lot of problems. I assume you must have been on vacation as you are usually very quick to respond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        Hello Spud,
        I've noticed recently in the Ecobee app that they have started changing the color of the circle around each lilbee and thermostat from black to white when the sensor is being used by Ecobee and black when the temp reading is not being used.

Is it possible to bring that information into your plugin? Wondering if they have exposed it in the API yet?
        Thank you!
        sorry for the late reply.
        there is an "inUse" property which is described as:

Code:
        This flag indicates whether the remote sensor is currently in use by a comfort setting. See Climate for more information.
        https://www.ecobee.com/home/develope...teSensor.shtml

do you think this is what you want?
        Last edited by spud; August 27th, 2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Spud, this sounds exactly like what he's asking for. It's the indication of which of the sensors (or the stat itself) are being used in the current temp calculation. I ran across this thread when I was about to ask you the same question.

Not to hijack the thread, but I also noticed your help file shows humidity for the remote sensors but I'm not seeing that in my installation. Is this a legacy thing that they no longer do, or do I have something else wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Not to hijack the thread, but I also noticed your help file shows humidity for the remote sensors but I'm not seeing that in my installation. Is this a legacy thing that they no longer do, or do I have something else wrong?
            you're right the remote sensors do not measure humidity, as I don't have any remote sensor to test with, I had to fake the data to do a screenshot for the user guide. I should fix that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

sorry for the late reply.
              there is an "inUse" property which is described as:

Code:
              This flag indicates whether the remote sensor is currently in use by a comfort setting. See Climate for more information.
              https://www.ecobee.com/home/develope...teSensor.shtml

do you think this is what you want?
              Hi Spud, yes this looks like the right one!

Plugin's:

Comment

in version 3.0.0.26 available in the Beta section of the updater, I have added a "Sensor In Use" device

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  in version 3.0.0.26 available in the Beta section of the updater, I have added a "Sensor In Use" device
                  Thank you Spud! As usual, you’re amazing!

Plugin's:

Comment

Hey Spud,
                    Is it possible to have Your plugin make a change to ecobee comfort settings? My goal is to have different heat and cool set points for each season. The heat and cool set points that I use in winter time are not the same during the summer months.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                    X