Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Weekly Schedules Possible?

Greetings, everyone!
    Very, very new to a non z-wave thermostat. Have been very happy using Bob's BLStat plugin to create multiple weekly schedules (wife and I work many different shifts, so the schedule changes each and every week, but repeats at some point). Using that plugin, I could just load one of pre-saved schedules and be good for that week. How do I do that with Ecobee? Or with any other non z-wave thermostat?

Thank you in advance, to anyone and to all...

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Greetings, everyone!
    Very, very new to a non z-wave thermostat. Have been very happy using Bob's BLStat plugin to create multiple weekly schedules (wife and I work many different shifts, so the schedule changes each and every week, but repeats at some point). Using that plugin, I could just load one of pre-saved schedules and be good for that week. How do I do that with Ecobee? Or with any other non z-wave thermostat?

Thank you in advance, to anyone and to all...
    Spud, I like this idea as well! Wondering if you would be able to make these kinds of changes through the API to the existing comfort settings and schedule?

Being able to create different groups of settings like this would accommodate a lot of different scenarios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Hey Spud, have you seen this post yet? Really interested in this if possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Plugin's:

Comment

I think I can let you define some schedules from the config page, then from an event action you would be able to set the schedule to your Ecobee. You would still need to create the different confort settings from the Ecobee web interface.
        Would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I think I can let you define some schedules from the config page, then from an event action you would be able to set the schedule to your Ecobee. You would still need to create the different confort settings from the Ecobee web interface.
          Would that work?
          That is getting close to the idea. In the above screen shots they are also updating the high and low temp set points along with the schedule.

The idea I had was to have different comfort settings and different schedules depending on the time of year or season. For example, in the summer we increase the air conditioning temp to 77F but in the Fall when outside temps decrease we lower it to 74F.

Does ecobee not have anything in the API to make changes to the comfort settings?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Does ecobee not have anything in the API to make changes to the comfort settings?
            It probably has, it just more work for me and I'm lazy
            You could create confort settings for each season from the Ecobee interface, and then change the schedule for each season from Homeseer

Comment

I apologize if i stirred something. To be honest, having only used z-wave thermostats in the last decade, I did not realize two important things:

1. Technology moves forward for all things, but mostly based on demand. This became crystal clear when i switched over to ecobee. These little stats are ages ahead of my my even more expensive z-wave thermostats i had been using. Love the form factor, the features, and the modern-looking mobile apps.
              2. My family and i have gotten so used to Bob's BLStat plugin for HomeSeer, I honestly forgot that it is not normal to have so many different schedules one can load at will

My wife and I are both in healthcare. That means no Monday through Friday office schedule. I work two different jobs, which complicates schedule even more. In other words, the term "routine" is meaningless in my house. So... All of these advanced features of thermostats learning your schedule - they are right out the window. Here is an example:

1. Last week I worked: Sunday (night), Tuesday (night), Thursday (day), Friday (day).
              2. This week I work: Sunday (night), Monday (night), Tuesday (night), Friday (day)

This is not even taking into account my wife's schedule or my daughter's school schedule. There are two AC/heater systems in our house. So we have multiple schedules for each of the two levels. These schedule rotations repeat, but each week is almost always different from preceding week. That means that right now, since i can't load a preset template, I must manually sit down on Saturday and change the schedule for the upcoming week, for each of my two Ecobee4 thermostats.

The screen captures I included in my first post display two different screens: schedule "collection" screen and edit screen for one week's worth of scheduling. You may notice "copy schedule" button. This allows me to avoid creating a new schedule from scratch. I can simply choose an existing schedule that most closely matches the one i want to create and copy everything over, thus leaving me to modify as little as possible.

I honestly do not understand why, using the "cloud" - Ecobee, Nest, or anyone's - there is a limitation on one single schedule for a week.

Comment

It probably has, it just more work for me and I'm lazy
                You could create confort settings for each season from the Ecobee interface, and then change the schedule for each season from Homeseer
                Ha! Ok, well maybe you could add it to your todo list and take a look at it when you build up the energy to work on it? 😁

Plugin's:

Comment

In version 3.0.0.27 available in the Beta section of the updater I have added the possibility to create schedules from the config page, and then apply them to a thermostat from an Event (see screenshots below)

When a schedule is first created its default values are the ones from the current thermostat's schedule

Click image for larger version

Name:	schedules_list.png
Views:	673
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1253614

Name:	schedule_edit.png
Views:	696
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1253615

Name:	set_schedule_action.png
Views:	647
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1253616

Comment

In version 3.0.0.27 available in the Beta section of the updater I have added the possibility to create schedules from the config page, and then apply them to a thermostat from an Event (see screenshots below)

When a schedule is first created its default values are the ones from the current thermostat's schedule

Name:	schedules_list.png
Views:	673
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1253614

Name:	schedule_edit.png
Views:	696
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1253615

Name:	set_schedule_action.png
Views:	647
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1253616
                    Spud.....I knew you'd come through....now patiently waiting to see if you add changing the high/low temp set points for each comfort setting.....just a little nudge and a hope. You're awesome Spudman!

On a side note, purchased some Nest Protects so I will be buying your Nest Plugin next!
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Hey Spud.....think you would be open to add the feature to change/update comfort settings yet? The season is changing which is what got me thinking about it as I go through making the changes to my comfort settings we used for winter.
                      Thank you!
                      Plugin's:

Comment

Just spitballing... Could you add in some extra comfort settings like home summer, sleep summer, etc... Then you can use the scheduler thats already there to switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
                          Just spitballing... Could you add in some extra comfort settings like home summer, sleep summer, etc... Then you can use the scheduler thats already there to switch over.
                          Yes, I could create twenty four comfort setting (3 x 4 seasons x 2 devices) and use the scheduler to change them.....just was hoping for a less cluttered option.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                          X