connectivity issues with Ecobee 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connectivity issues with Ecobee 3

Noticed that Homeseer HS3 Pro (Win10) wasn't talking to my Ecobee 3. Everything has been working flawlessly for many months. Looked in logs and saw all sorts of errors. Tried restarting both HS and Ecobee. I can access Ecobee from web portal, so communications is working. Know that Ecobee had an outage yesterday, could be coincidence. Saw that there was a Ecobee plug-in update so upgraded to 3.0.0.26. Still not working. Checked plugin being authorized, and says it is. Knew in past fixed issue by reauthorizing, so went to Ecobee MyApps and removed authorization, clicked button to reauthorize in plug-in and nothing happens. Now Plugin says not authorized. Try clicking the "Ecobee Authorization" button but nothing happens. Nothing shows me the authorization code in plugin. All the log shows is "ERROR One or more errors occurred.". tried restarting plugin and Homeseer. No luck, I'm stumped.

Edit to add - looking at logs seems the issues were happening at least as far back as Oct 20, as far back as my log goes. So not looking like related to yesterday's outage.
    Last edited by klafollette; October 24, 2018, 04:08 PM.

I put log into debug mode, got some more info:
    It shows: DEBUG GET https://api.ecobee.com/authorize?res...ite&client_id=*****&format=json (I removed the rest of string as it looks like some possible PIN identifier)

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsync Result ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Http.d__17.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.d__18.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__67.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsync Result ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Http.d__17.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.d__18.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__67.MoveNext()<---

Comment

I have been able to replicate the problem and fixed it in version 3.0.0.28
      Somehow some deprecated cryptographic algorithms that are used by default in .NET 4.5 have been disabled on the Ecobee servers

Please test the new version available from the Beta section of the updater.

Comment

I was having the same issues and your update in 3.0.0.28 fixed the issue. I was able to re-auth and connect HS3 to my ecobee account.

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly Spud!

Dennis

Oct-24 5:44:20 PM Ecobee INFO Authorization successfull
        Oct-24 5:43:40 PM Ecobee WARNING The Ecobee plugin hasn't been authorized to access your Ecobee account, please go to the config page to authorize.
        Oct-24 5:43:40 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Ecobee started successfully in 84 milliseconds
        Oct-24 5:43:40 PM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.28
        Oct-24 5:43:40 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Ecobee ...

Comment

3.0.0.28 is working better. I was able to reauthorize and able to control/read temp/program now. I am noticing reoccurring errors. Mentions something about Ecobee.Net.ValidationError. I am doing some events that sends Humidfier off/auto and setpoint to Ecobee. Used to work just fine. Tried making Humidifier on/off changes on Homeseer, didn't change on Ecobee. Tried making humidifier changes on/off and setpoint on Ecobee, and the device values did update correctly on Homeseer.

Same issue trying to change Minimum Fan Runtime.

Debug log error below:

DEBUG Response= Internal Server Error
          ERROR System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.SetHumidfierMode(String ecobeeId, HumidifierSetMode mode) ---> (Inner Exception #0) Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext()<---

ERROR System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.SetFanMinOnTime(String ecobeeId, Int32 time) ---> (Inner Exception #0) Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext()<---

Comment

Hi Spud-

I was having similar errors yesterday. When I was having the errors, I tried different combinations of enable/disable, restarting the ZeeS2, and reauthorizing the app. Today I found this thread and installed .28, but when I click on the "authorize" button, nothing happens. I am stuck now. Did I do something wrong? Do you have any advice? Here's an excerpt of the log file:

DEBUG No authorization. Please go to the config page to authorize

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) <0x74acd04c + 0x0003c> in :0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification) <0x74ab4ec0 + 0x00073> in :0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result () <0x74ab4e60 + 0x00027> in :0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) <0x71fc9ba0 + 0x001a7> in :0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---

ERROR One or more errors occurred.

DEBUG GET https://api.ecobee.com/authorize?res...xx&format=json

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I have been able to replicate the problem and fixed it in version 3.0.0.28
              Somehow some deprecated cryptographic algorithms that are used by default in .NET 4.5 have been disabled on the Ecobee servers

Please test the new version available from the Beta section of the updater.
              Wow, good timing! Got home yesterday evening and noted that at 10:47AM PDT, Ecobee plugin started having issues and thermostat went offline. Never had issues before other than occasional "call failed for unknown reason" log messages. Updated to 3.0.0.28 and back in business - thanks! (running on Windows 7 embedded, btw).

Comment

Originally posted by klafollette View Post
                3.0.0.28 is working better. I was able to reauthorize and able to control/read temp/program now. I am noticing reoccurring errors. Mentions something about Ecobee.Net.ValidationError. I am doing some events that sends Humidfier off/auto and setpoint to Ecobee. Used to work just fine. Tried making Humidifier on/off changes on Homeseer, didn't change on Ecobee. Tried making humidifier changes on/off and setpoint on Ecobee, and the device values did update correctly on Homeseer.

Same issue trying to change Minimum Fan Runtime.

Debug log error below:

DEBUG Response= Internal Server Error
                ERROR System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.SetHumidfierMode(String ecobeeId, HumidifierSetMode mode) ---> (Inner Exception #0) Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext()<---

ERROR System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.SetFanMinOnTime(String ecobeeId, Int32 time) ---> (Inner Exception #0) Ecobee.Net.ValidationError: The update request contained values out of range or too large for the field being updated. See the additional message information as to what caused the validation failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.d__65.MoveNext()<---
                This error is a side effect of the new Schedules feature I implemented in version 3.0.0.26.
                I have fixed it in version 3.0.0.29 available in Beta section.
                Please test and let me know.

thanks
                Last edited by spud; October 25, 2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

This error is a side effect of the new Schedules feature I implemented in version 3.0.0.26.
                  I have fixed it in version 3.0.0.28 available in Beta section.
                  Please test and let me know.

thanks
                  Do you mean Beta "3.0.0.29"? I just noticed you have 29 out there today. The issues with System.AggregateException was seeing late yesterday on 3.0.0.28.

Comment

Originally posted by klafollette View Post

Do you mean Beta "3.0.0.29"? I just noticed you have 29 out there today. The issues with System.AggregateException was seeing late yesterday on 3.0.0.28.
                    Yes sorry, it's BETA 3.0.0.29.

Comment

I am having connectivity issues as well. I have 3.0.0.25 and when I try to update to 3.0.0.26 or the Beta 3.0.0.29 it says, "Install/Update of package Ecobee failed."

Comment

Originally posted by lingerba View Post
                        I am having connectivity issues as well. I have 3.0.0.25 and when I try to update to 3.0.0.26 or the Beta 3.0.0.29 it says, "Install/Update of package Ecobee failed."
                        Have you disabled the Ecobee plugin before updating?

Comment

In case it is helpful for folks searching in the future. I was having issues as well, but mine manifested slightly differently. I saw the following three errors in my log every 4 minutes:
                          Oct-25 4:06:07 PM Ecobee ERROR An error occurred while sending the request.
                          Oct-25 4:06:07 PM Ecobee ERROR An error occurred while sending the request.
                          Oct-25 4:06:06 PM Ecobee ERROR An error occurred while sending the request.
                          Upgrading to the 3.0.0.29 beta resolved this issue for me. I assume it was the same issue as the OP, just manifesting differently in the logs.

Thanks,
                          -Landon

Comment

Have you disabled the Ecobee plugin before updating?
                            Nope! That did the trick. Sorry for the noob move. I updated to 3.0.0.29, re-authorized and everything is working again.

Comment

3.0.0.29 looks to have resolved all my issues. Haven't tested everything yet, but positive sign is not getting any errors. Few things that were erroring out before are working, and can control from HS3. Thanks for the quick fixes. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X