Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR A Task was cancelled

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ERROR A Task was cancelled

    I see in the HS3 log file that I get an error - ERROR A task was cancelled - every few minutes to seconds apart. I don't know when the error started and I don't know how to clear up the problem. Does anyone know about this error?

    I have the RPi-3 version of HS3 (Linux) with two Ecobee Lites installed on the system. Everything else appears to be working fine.

    Thanks for any assistance.

  • #2
    what version of the plugin are you running?

    if not already done, please install version 3.0.0.29 available in the Beta section of the updater

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm seeing the same error with 3.0.0.26 and 3.0.0.29. I enabled debug logging I see that the plugin has lost its authorization. When I click the button to do the authorization again the page never opens. Is there any way to force the process like a URL that can show me the 4 character auth key to type in to the ecobee site?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1255411

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Spud...

        I'm having the same problem. My log file looks eerily similar. Thanks for the help!

        -Jon

        Code:
        DEBUG No authorization. Please go to the config page to authorize
        
        DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. --->
        System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. ---
        End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional
        (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) <0x74acd04c + 0x0003c> in :0 at
        System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
        <0x74ab4ec0 + 0x00073> in :0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result ()
        <0x74ab4e60 + 0x00027> in :0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc
        (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights)
        <0x71fc9ba0 + 0x001a7> in :0 ---> (Inner Exception #0)
        System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---
        
        ERROR One or more errors occurred.
        
        DEBUG GET https://api.ecobee.com/authorize?res...xx&format=json

        Comment


        • #5
          What version of mono are you running?

          Code:
          mono --version
          Ecobee server now requires TLS 1.2, and it looks like it's only supported in mono version 4.8 or later.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll have to check tomorrow... I don't have access today. Thanks for looking into it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by spud View Post
              Ecobee server now requires TLS 1.2, and it looks like it's only supported in mono version 4.8 or later.
              FYI - current HS3-Pi download, hspi3_image_091218.zip, comes with mono 4.6.2.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ugh

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ugh for me too. I'm running Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.1. I'll say a few prayers and upgrade mono

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well that went surprisingly smoothly. I upgraded to mono 4.8.0 and everything is working fine now with the ecobee plugin. Thank you for the help

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There it is...

                      Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

                      I'll get cracking on updating it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well that took an hour and a half! I used instructions from here:


                        https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...e-to-mono-5-12

                        and here:

                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...vb-net-scripts

                        I now have mono 5.16:

                        ~ $ mono --version
                        Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179 (tarball Thu Oct 4 13:39:39 UTC 2018)

                        I have reauthorized my ecobee and am back online.

                        Thanks Spud! I know this must have been a frustrating week for you.

                        Cheers,
                        -Jon

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X