ERROR A Task was cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR A Task was cancelled

I see in the HS3 log file that I get an error - ERROR A task was cancelled - every few minutes to seconds apart. I don't know when the error started and I don't know how to clear up the problem. Does anyone know about this error?

I have the RPi-3 version of HS3 (Linux) with two Ecobee Lites installed on the system. Everything else appears to be working fine.

Thanks for any assistance.

what version of the plugin are you running?

if not already done, please install version 3.0.0.29 available in the Beta section of the updater

Comment

I'm seeing the same error with 3.0.0.26 and 3.0.0.29. I enabled debug logging I see that the plugin has lost its authorization. When I click the button to do the authorization again the page never opens. Is there any way to force the process like a URL that can show me the 4 character auth key to type in to the ecobee site?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1255411

Comment

Hi Spud...

I'm having the same problem. My log file looks eerily similar. Thanks for the help!

-Jon

Code:
        DEBUG No authorization. Please go to the config page to authorize

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. --->
        System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. ---
        End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional
        (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) <0x74acd04c + 0x0003c> in :0 at
        System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
        <0x74ab4ec0 + 0x00073> in :0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result ()
        <0x74ab4e60 + 0x00027> in :0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc
        (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights)
        <0x71fc9ba0 + 0x001a7> in :0 ---> (Inner Exception #0)
        System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---

ERROR One or more errors occurred.

DEBUG GET https://api.ecobee.com/authorize?res...xx&format=json

Comment

What version of mono are you running?

Code:
          mono --version
          Ecobee server now requires TLS 1.2, and it looks like it's only supported in mono version 4.8 or later.

Comment

I'll have to check tomorrow... I don't have access today. Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Ecobee server now requires TLS 1.2, and it looks like it's only supported in mono version 4.8 or later.
              FYI - current HS3-Pi download, hspi3_image_091218.zip, comes with mono 4.6.2.

Comment

Ugh

Comment

Ugh for me too. I'm running Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.1. I'll say a few prayers and upgrade mono

Comment

Well that went surprisingly smoothly. I upgraded to mono 4.8.0 and everything is working fine now with the ecobee plugin. Thank you for the help

Comment

There it is...

Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

I'll get cracking on updating it.

Comment

Well that took an hour and a half! I used instructions from here:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...e-to-mono-5-12

and here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...vb-net-scripts

I now have mono 5.16:

~ $ mono --version
                        Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179 (tarball Thu Oct 4 13:39:39 UTC 2018)

I have reauthorized my ecobee and am back online.

Thanks Spud! I know this must have been a frustrating week for you.

Cheers,
                        -Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X