Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkman
    replied
    As an FYI, WinSCP is a great tool to browse the directory structure on linux devices. Just Google it to find the download for it.

Leave a comment:

• SJ Miller
    replied
    Hey, some success to report. I managed (finally) to at least get a view of the ecobee files (see screen shot)...

Does this help?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73420.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1260742

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks again for your help (and patience).

Leave a comment:

• SJ Miller
    replied
    Hi,
    Using PUTTY and your mono command the version on my HomeTroller SEL is: 5.16.0.179

I am still trying to figure out how to access any directory to see if the Ecobee.Net.dll is in bin/Ecobee. Linux is a puzzle to me as I am not a programmer.

I have tried stopping the plugin and then reinstalling it from the updater multiple times no success, but I tried it again tonight - no luck.

Since I'm struggling with Linux would it be possible to use any of the options listed in the maintenance/recovery URL? I'm just wondering if I can restore the controller to it's original state (out of the box) would that possibly fix the problem if I start over again?

If that's has a reasonable chance of fixing the problem maybe that's my best bet? If you think it stands a reasonable chance of solving the problem which option (see screen shot at bottom) should I use to start over?

If this isn't a good idea then can you tell me where to look to find the basic commands to use in PUTTY to see the directories and what's in them?

By the way, if I eventually discover that the Ecobee.Net.dll is not in the bin/Ecobee where do I find the dll to paste in?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Thanks, again for your help.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeSeer Maintenance Options Screen Shot.JPG Views:	3 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	1260734
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    1. Yes the installation procedure should have put Ecobee.Net.dll in bin/Ecobee
    2. Yes
    3. Hard to say, but the first thing you should try is to stop the plugin and then reinstall it from the updater.

the command to check the mono version is

Code:
    mono --version

Leave a comment:

• SJ Miller
    replied
    Thank you. I don't know much about Linux so I'm not sure about the dll. I'll have to attempt to google how to check. If I figure out how to check could you please give me the what to delete for dummies version? Sorry my skills are pretty basic.

If I understand you correctly I should
    1. have Ecobee.Net.dll in the bin/Ecobee - right? If it's not there where do I find a copy?
    2. If Ecobee.Net.dll is in the root HS3 directory I should delete it - right?
    3. Also, since it worked on the previous HomeTroller-SEL Pro is there any way to know why it is corrupted or a wrong version now? I realise files do sometimes get corrupted, but just wondering if there is any way to know why?
    As for mono I don't know but will see if I can check that too - I think I have the instructions for how to check the mono version someplace stored from past experience. It's a brand new SEL Pro, so I would assume (perhaps in error) it's the latest version.

Thanks, again for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    It looks like the plugin can't find Ecobee.Net.dll, or find a wrong version of it.
    Do you have this dll in bin/Ecobee?
    If you have also this dll in the root HS3 directory you need to delete it.

Also what's your mono version?

Leave a comment:

• SJ Miller
    started a topic Plug in Will Not Start

Plug in Will Not Start

Hi,
    A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from a Zee S2 to a SEL Pro. Within two days of having everything reconfigured (took me a week cause I'm not very experienced) and my system and plug-ins all working the SEL Pro died suddenly - no power and it would not power up.

HomeSeer shipped me a replacement. I restored my previous configuration (saved before the controller died) and have re-installed the various plug ins. All the other plug ins are functioning fine, but the ecobee plug-in will not start.

The Plug in Status indicates either: INFO: Plugin Start is Pending or it displays CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

Since the ecobee plug in won't start I cannot access configure tab either.

Here is what I've tried so far:
    1. uninstalled the ecobee plug-in and reinstalled it (several times)
    2. restarted the SEL-Pro (several times)
    3. accessed my ecobee account and the ecobee system/servers are operational
    4. made sure the ecobee is on-line

Not sure what to do now.

I've attached a screen shot of the Log.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
Working...
X