Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in Will Not Start

Hi,
    A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from a Zee S2 to a SEL Pro. Within two days of having everything reconfigured (took me a week cause I'm not very experienced) and my system and plug-ins all working the SEL Pro died suddenly - no power and it would not power up.

HomeSeer shipped me a replacement. I restored my previous configuration (saved before the controller died) and have re-installed the various plug ins. All the other plug ins are functioning fine, but the ecobee plug-in will not start.

The Plug in Status indicates either: INFO: Plugin Start is Pending or it displays CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

Since the ecobee plug in won't start I cannot access configure tab either.

Here is what I've tried so far:
    1. uninstalled the ecobee plug-in and reinstalled it (several times)
    2. restarted the SEL-Pro (several times)
    3. accessed my ecobee account and the ecobee system/servers are operational
    4. made sure the ecobee is on-line

Not sure what to do now.

I've attached a screen shot of the Log.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

It looks like the plugin can't find Ecobee.Net.dll, or find a wrong version of it.
    Do you have this dll in bin/Ecobee?
    If you have also this dll in the root HS3 directory you need to delete it.

Also what's your mono version?

Comment

Thank you. I don't know much about Linux so I'm not sure about the dll. I'll have to attempt to google how to check. If I figure out how to check could you please give me the what to delete for dummies version? Sorry my skills are pretty basic.

If I understand you correctly I should
      1. have Ecobee.Net.dll in the bin/Ecobee - right? If it's not there where do I find a copy?
      2. If Ecobee.Net.dll is in the root HS3 directory I should delete it - right?
      3. Also, since it worked on the previous HomeTroller-SEL Pro is there any way to know why it is corrupted or a wrong version now? I realise files do sometimes get corrupted, but just wondering if there is any way to know why?
      As for mono I don't know but will see if I can check that too - I think I have the instructions for how to check the mono version someplace stored from past experience. It's a brand new SEL Pro, so I would assume (perhaps in error) it's the latest version.

Thanks, again for your assistance.

Comment

1. Yes the installation procedure should have put Ecobee.Net.dll in bin/Ecobee
        2. Yes
        3. Hard to say, but the first thing you should try is to stop the plugin and then reinstall it from the updater.

the command to check the mono version is

Code:
        mono --version

Comment

Hi,
          Using PUTTY and your mono command the version on my HomeTroller SEL is: 5.16.0.179

I am still trying to figure out how to access any directory to see if the Ecobee.Net.dll is in bin/Ecobee. Linux is a puzzle to me as I am not a programmer.

I have tried stopping the plugin and then reinstalling it from the updater multiple times no success, but I tried it again tonight - no luck.

Since I'm struggling with Linux would it be possible to use any of the options listed in the maintenance/recovery URL? I'm just wondering if I can restore the controller to it's original state (out of the box) would that possibly fix the problem if I start over again?

If that's has a reasonable chance of fixing the problem maybe that's my best bet? If you think it stands a reasonable chance of solving the problem which option (see screen shot at bottom) should I use to start over?

If this isn't a good idea then can you tell me where to look to find the basic commands to use in PUTTY to see the directories and what's in them?

By the way, if I eventually discover that the Ecobee.Net.dll is not in the bin/Ecobee where do I find the dll to paste in?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Thanks, again for your help.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeSeer Maintenance Options Screen Shot.JPG Views:	3 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	1260734
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, some success to report. I managed (finally) to at least get a view of the ecobee files (see screen shot)...

Does this help?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73420.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1260742

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks again for your help (and patience).

Comment

As an FYI, WinSCP is a great tool to browse the directory structure on linux devices. Just Google it to find the download for it.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion.

Comment

From your screenshot above all the files seem to be in the correct place, so I'm not sure what's the problem, maybe there is a mono library missing on your system that prevent the Ecobee.Net.dll to be loaded.
                  Please do the following from putty:

Change directory to the HomeSeer directory
                  Code:
                  cd /usr/local/Homeseer
                  then list all files in this directory and copy/paste the output here
                  Code:
                  ls
                  Make sure the Ecobee plugin is stopped, and then start if from the command line using:
                  Code:

sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe
                  This should output a lot of debug messages, please copy/paste them here

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    From your screenshot above all the files seem to be in the correct place, so I'm not sure what's the problem, maybe there is a mono library missing on your system that prevent the Ecobee.Net.dll to be loaded.
                    Please do the following from putty:

Change directory to the HomeSeer directory
                    Code:
                    cd /usr/local/Homeseer
                    then list all files in this directory and copy/paste the output here
                    Code:
                    ls
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:~$ cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ ls
                    autostart_hs
                    bin
                    Bin
                    change_password.sh
                    check_passwd
                    Config
                    ConfigBackup
                    Data
                    Debug Logs
                    factory.sh
                    FTD2XX_NET.dll
                    go
                    Grammar
                    HomeSeerAPI.dll
                    HS3Sentry.exe
                    HSCF.dll
                    HSConsole.exe
                    HSConsole.exe.config
                    HSPI_BLBackup.exe
                    HSPI_BLBackup.exe.config
                    HSPI_BLLAN.exe
                    HSPI_BLOccupied.exe
                    HSPI_Chromecast.exe
                    HSPI_Chromecast.exe.config
                    HSPI_Ecobee.exe
                    HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config
                    HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe
                    HSPI_MyQ.exe
                    HSPI_MyQ.exe.config
                    HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERWU3_DEBUG.log
                    HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERWU3.exe
                    HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERWU3.exe.config
                    HSPI_ZWave.exe
                    HSPI_ZWave.exe.config
                    hs_sentry.log
                    html
                    install.sh
                    Insteon.dll
                    Logs
                    Mail.dll
                    Media
                    mochad
                    password_check.c
                    play_audio.sh
                    RecoveryInstall.sh
                    RecoveryInstall.txt
                    register_with_find.sh
                    restart.sh
                    RssToolkit.dll
                    run_command_raw.sh
                    run_command.sh
                    Scheduler.dll
                    Scheduler.dll.config
                    scripts
                    Scripts
                    server.pfx
                    shutdown_controller.sh
                    shutdown.sh
                    speak.sh
                    speak_to_file.sh
                    temp
                    Temp
                    temp.wav
                    update_extra.sh
                    updatehs.sh
                    updater.txt
                    Updates3
                    update.sh
                    usr
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug_All.log
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug.log
                    Wave
                    wave_files
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ ^C
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ play_audio.sh
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug_All.log
                    \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug.log
                    Wave
                    wave_files
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ ^C
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$
                    play_audio.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ RecoveryInstall.sh
                    RecoveryInstall.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ RecoveryInstall.txt
                    RecoveryInstall.txt: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ register_with_find.sh
                    register_with_find.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ restart.sh
                    restart.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ RssToolkit.dll
                    RssToolkit.dll: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ run_command_raw.sh
                    run_command_raw.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ run_command.sh
                    run_command.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Scheduler.dll
                    Scheduler.dll: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Scheduler.dll.config
                    Scheduler.dll.config: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ scripts
                    No command 'scripts' found, did you mean:
                    Command 'script' from package 'bsdutils' (main)
                    scripts: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Scripts
                    Scripts: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ server.pfx
                    server.pfx: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ shutdown_controller.sh
                    shutdown_controller.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ shutdown.sh
                    shutdown.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ speak.sh
                    speak.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ speak_to_file.sh
                    speak_to_file.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ temp
                    temp: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Temp
                    Temp: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ temp.wav
                    temp.wav: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ update_extra.sh
                    update_extra.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ updatehs.sh
                    updatehs.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ updater.txt
                    updater.txt: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Updates3
                    Updates3: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ update.sh
                    update.sh: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ usr
                    No command 'usr' found, did you mean:
                    Command 'sur' from package 'subtle' (universe)
                    Command 'csr' from package 'rheolef' (universe)
                    Command 'ur' from package 'libur-perl' (universe)
                    Command 'sr' from package 'surfraw' (universe)
                    usr: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs
                    usrlocalHomeSeerDebug: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug_All.log
                    usrlocalHomeSeerDebug: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ \usr\local\HomeSeer\Debug Logs\ZWave_Debug.logusrlocalHomeSeerDebug: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ Wave
                    No command 'Wave' found, did you mean:
                    Command 'dave' from package 'libhttp-dav-perl' (universe)
                    Command 'save' from package 'atfs' (universe)
                    Wave: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ wave_files
                    wave_files: command not found
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ ^C
                    -bash: homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$: No such file or directory
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$-bash: homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$: No such file or directory
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$

Make sure the Ecobee plugin is stopped, and then start if from the command line using:
                    Code:
                    sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe
                    This should output a lot of debug messages, please copy/paste them here
                    Due to the large number of rows I had paste the results into a Word Document and attach the Word file - otherwise it exceeded the Forum character limitations...

sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe.docx

Comment

I'm just wondering if I can restore the controller to it's original state (out of the box) would that possibly fix the problem if I start over again using the Maintenance Address Options?

If that's has a reasonable chance of fixing the problem maybe that's my best bet? If you think it stands a reasonable chance of solving the problem which maintenance option should I use to start over?

Comment

Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
                        I'm just wondering if I can restore the controller to it's original state (out of the box) would that possibly fix the problem if I start over again using the Maintenance Address Options?

If that's has a reasonable chance of fixing the problem maybe that's my best bet? If you think it stands a reasonable chance of solving the problem which maintenance option should I use to start over?
                        I don't think restoring the controller to it's original state would work, from the logs you provided it seems there is one dll missing (System.Net.Http.dll)
                        Try that:

Code:
                        sudo apt-get -y install libmono-system-net-http4.0-cil
                        then start the plugin normally

Comment

Thanks! That made some progress. When I go to the Manage Plug-Ins Tab the ecobee plugin status now indicates "OK". However, when I select the Ecobee Authorization Button nothing happens...

Here is what i found in the Log:
                          Nov-20 9:40:38 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network D07497B5...
                          Nov-20 9:40:34 PM Ecobee DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00011] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification) [0x0002b] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result () [0x0000f] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) [0x000cf] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 <---
                          Nov-20 9:40:34 PM Ecobee ERROR One or more errors occurred.

Comment

Sorry I realized I should have filtered for ecobee when I captured the Log after I sent the last post... Here's a more complete Log Record...
                            Nov-20 9:42:58 PM Ecobee DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00011] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification) [0x0002b] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result () [0x0000f] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) [0x000cf] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 <---
                            Nov-20 9:40:34 PM Ecobee DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00011] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].GetResultCore (System.Boolean waitCompletionNotification) [0x0002b] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].get_Result () [0x0000f] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) [0x000cf] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[TResult].Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at Ecobee.Net.Authorization.GetPinAuthorization () [0x00023] in <4f7c0b29a52845539f0715031230da13>:0 at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.GetPinAuthorizationCode () [0x00059] in <0531287c057f4fea9f31ac93e7e47baa>:0 <---
                            Nov-20 9:40:06 PM Ecobee WARNING The Ecobee plugin hasn't been authorized to access your Ecobee account, please go to the config page to authorize.
                            Nov-20 9:40:06 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Ecobee started successfully in 318 milliseconds
                            Nov-20 9:40:06 PM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.29
                            Nov-20 9:40:06 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Ecobee ...
                            Nov-20 9:39:59 PM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37090
                            Nov-20 9:39:57 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
                            Nov-20 9:39:54 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: Ecobee, version: 3.0.0.29

Comment

ok try this:
                              Code:

sudo apt-get -y install mono-complete

Comment

Working...
                              X