Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication Clarification

Hi Spud,
    It is my understanding that this plugin communicates with the thermostat through the Ecobee remote server and does not communicate directly with the thermostat. That being said, the plugin will not work without an internet connection even after initial registration. Is this true?

Thanks

Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
    Hi Spud,
    It is my understanding that this plugin communicates with the thermostat through the Ecobee remote server and does not communicate directly with the thermostat. That being said, the plugin will not work without an internet connection even after initial registration. Is this true?

Thanks
    This is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Man...that is a bummer. Can anyone recommend a new model thermostat that will work with Homeseer but without an internet connection?

Thanks

Comment

Too bad they have not figured out how to directly support ZigBee like they do Z-wave. If they did, I'd be getting Centrallite Pearl Thermostat
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
          Hi Spud,

Thanks
          yes this is true.

Man...that is a bummer. Can anyone recommend a new model thermostat that will work with Homeseer but without an internet connection?
          Aprilaire WiFi thermostats have a local API and I recently created a HS3 plugin for them: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...-in-user-guide

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a look.

Comment

Working...
            X