• Marty_B
    replied
    Thanks, I will give it a look.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
    Hi Spud,
    It is my understanding that this plugin communicates with the thermostat through the Ecobee remote server and does not communicate directly with the thermostat. That being said, the plugin will not work without an internet connection even after initial registration. Is this true?

Thanks
    yes this is true.

Man...that is a bummer. Can anyone recommend a new model thermostat that will work with Homeseer but without an internet connection?
    Aprilaire WiFi thermostats have a local API and I recently created a HS3 plugin for them: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...-in-user-guide

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Too bad they have not figured out how to directly support ZigBee like they do Z-wave. If they did, I'd be getting Centrallite Pearl Thermostat

Leave a comment:

• Marty_B
    replied
    Man...that is a bummer. Can anyone recommend a new model thermostat that will work with Homeseer but without an internet connection?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
    Hi Spud,
    It is my understanding that this plugin communicates with the thermostat through the Ecobee remote server and does not communicate directly with the thermostat. That being said, the plugin will not work without an internet connection even after initial registration. Is this true?

Thanks
    This is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Marty_B
    started a topic Communication Clarification

Communication Clarification

Hi Spud,

Thanks
Working...
X