X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to control the setpoint from a script command

Hi Spud,

Could you validate this?

If I change the setpoint using and event, it makes it to the Ecobee as expected

However, if I change it in a script Ex.: hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(xxx, 22, True), the device value does change but is not being pushed to the Ecobee. Instead, on the next 5 min. poll, the existing setpoint in the Ecobee is re-writen to the homeseer device.

Wondering if I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Michel.

Hi Michel, you need to use CAPI commands to control a device. There are a number of threads on the forum about this. Here's one: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...idiots-like-me.

Here's a good tool to help figure out CAPI commands: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-now-available

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Sparkman. I'll get on reading about CAPI. I kind of saw the reference in the help file but suppose I was too lazy to jump into it.

Comment

I want to second Sparkman's recommendation of tenScriptAid. If you're going to do any scripting, I'd also recommend tenScripting, available from the same place.

Comment

Thanks B1Trash. I looked at the video and it seems interesting. Checked also tenScripting briefly. I've downloaded tenScriptAid 1.30 yesterday but both Windows Defender and BitDefender went nuts about it. BD evaluated the file as infected (atc4). Could be a false positive but double-checking with "VirusTotal" also found (1) suspicious result. Funny enough it was not based on BitDefender definition. So at this point I'm staying on the safe side.

Comment

tenholde may have some insight... That sounds weird.

Comment

Windows Defender and Symantec both flag it because of 2 reasons. (1) the file is not signed, and (2) very few downloads, so no trust history.

I just downloaded the file from the website, and bypassed the two warnings, and successfully ran program with no additional warning about bad activity, etc. Full system scan by Symantec also detected nothing amiss.

The solution for me would be to pay for an authoring certificate, and sign the product. At this point, I'm not inclined to do so. If you want, I can send you the file via personal messaging.
              tenholde

Comment

Thanks tenholde. Windows was indeed the signature issue that I bypass frequently. Bitdefender stated it had detected ATC4. Yesterday I downloaded 1.26 with no issue. After I went ahead with 1.30 and no warning. So it was really a false positive by Bitdefender. Looking forward trying this tool.

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                  Thanks tenholde. Windows was indeed the signature issue that I bypass frequently. Bitdefender stated it had detected ATC4. Yesterday I downloaded 1.26 with no issue. After I went ahead with 1.30 and no warning. So it was really a false positive by Bitdefender. Looking forward trying this tool.

Michel
                  Let me know if you have any questions.
                  tenholde

Comment

Version 3.30 of tenScripting is now available
                    tenholde

Comment

Working...
                    X