Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Puzzle - Reference Difference Between Event Trigger Time and the Actual Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Puzzle - Reference Difference Between Event Trigger Time and the Actual Event

Hi,
    Happy 4th of July!

I am struggling with an ecoBee Event that I want to trigger at 1:30am but the Event keeps running at 1:30pm. (Event is pasted in below. There are no Group Conditions set.) The Event runs correctly - except the actual trigger time which is 12 hours off.

I've checked the following:
    1. date/time on the ecoBee thermostat, it is correct;
    2. the date/time on the computer running HomeSeer Pro, it is correct;
    3. the date/time in HomeSeer itself, it is correct (Current Time Indicated: Setup 04-Jul-19 2:19:20 PM Sunrise: 5:13 AM Sunset: 8:22 PM ); &
    4. I deleted the event twice now and recreated it to be sure it wasn't somehow corrupted.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Defective ecoBee Event.PNG
Views:	314
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1314267

I've not tried to substitute the trigger time for 1:30pm to see if I can achieve the Event then running according to my objective - I guess I can try that, but I'd like to know why it is not running correctly before I start building in odd work-arounds.

What is the missing piece in this puzzle? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

(For those who may be tempted to point out that most folks don't need the temperature to be as cool as I have it set - I have a family member who has a severe medical condition - so 'nuff said about personal preferences, being carbon neutral, and the environment - please. We contribute to those important things in other ways as best we can.)

System/Software Details:
    Current Date/Time: 04-Jul-19 2:17:17 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 3 Days 16 Hours 41 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.99
    Number of Devices: 172
    Number of Events: 46
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 15001
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender AVG Antivirus
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: default string
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.65: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.32: Ecobee
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Weird. The only thing I could think of is that the system clock may be offset 12 Hours, but I see you've covered that.
    What happens if you create another simple event to run at a specific time?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

This is the only ecoBee Event I have setup based on time. I'll try and create another one and see what happens. (All other Events for lights etc work just fine though.)

Comment

I think I'd start with one without any other conditions.
        Maybe uncheck "Include in Power Failure Recovery" as well. That's just a thought, likely irrelevant.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Here's what I've tried so far:
          • I searched the Forum and found a post where Spud had replied that he'd made a suggested update an posted a new version 3.0.0.33 - I had checked the "Plug-ins" and had not seen that 3.0.032 was outdated , but anyway I updated to 3.0.0.33.
          • Then I created another time triggered Event to see if it would trigger at the proper time and run correctly. It did so that was encouraging.
          Since it's possible that update solved the problem I've not yet tested removing the "Include in Power Failure Recovery" or removed any other conditions. I'll test it again tonight and see if the Event actually triggers correctly at 1:30am. If not I'll try the other suggestions and maybe even see what happens if I change the time trigger to be listed 12 hrs different, but for now having achived one success I'll wait a bit.

Either way I'll post results. Thanks, again for the suggestions!

Comment

Well, it seems that updating the plugin to 3.0.0.33 solved the 12 hour offset in the trigger. The event seemed to run as intended last night.

Thanks again for the support as I tried to work through this.

Comment

Working...
            X