Force communication?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force communication?

The Ecobee servers seem to spend an inordinate amount of time "down". Is there any way the plug-in can bypass them? I can set the thermostat manually, but HS will not accept a corresponding manual entry because it doesn't agree with what it thinks is the state of the Tstat, so does not know the change has been made. That means that HS logic is useless until the servers come back. Very frustrating.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

There is no local API for the Ecobee thermostat, so it the Ecobee servers are down it can't monitor or control your thermostat.

To get notification status of the Ecobee servers: https://status.ecobee.com/

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      There is no local API for the Ecobee thermostat, so it the Ecobee servers are down it can't monitor or control your thermostat.
      Yes, I understand that. I probably wasn't too clear last night (tired, frustrated). What I'd like to be able to do is force HS to know the state of the thermostat. I changed from 'Off' mode to 'Cool' mode, but HS was not aware of the change. HS events respond in specific ways when the thermostat is set to 'Cool' mode, but there doesn't appear to be any way to change the setting in HS if the Ecobee servers are down. I'm wondering if it is possible to have a work-around.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

the workaround is to use a script and the SetDeviceValueByRef function

Comment

Perfect. I should have thought of that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X