Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee HVAC Status device was automatically deleted

Hello spud ,
    I have been working on some events to automate our HVAC system and noticed that one of my events all of a sudden had some conditions that were expanded and had an error "No Valid Device Selection". What I figured out is that the HVAC Status device that I had used in that condition was no longer there. I have two ecobee thermostats in the house and the group of devices for one of the thermostats has all of the devices but the second one, the HVAC Status device has disappeared. I have disabled and re-enabled the plugin and have gone through re-authorizing the plugin on the ecobee website but the device does not get recreated.
    Do you have any idea how to fix? I've attached a screenshot of each thermostat and their devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Downstairs eco.png Views:	0 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	1384633Click image for larger version  Name:	upstairs eco.png Views:	0 Size:	238.9 KB ID:	1384634
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 24 Days 19 Hours 25 Minutes 6 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.166
    Number of Devices: 1023
    Number of Events: 558
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 8
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: shuttle inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.42: AK Bond
    2.0.28.0: BLOccupied
    1.0.4.0: BLShutdown
    3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
    2.0.24.0: BLUPS
    3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    3.0.0.41: EnvisaLink
    3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.1.2.3: MeiKu
    1.2020.506.872: MyQ
    3.0.0.34: Nest
    3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
    0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
    3.0.8.5: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.53: Sonos
    3.0.7164.18799: UltraRachio3
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

The plugin never ever delete devices, and everytime it starts it checks if some devices are missing and it recreate them if needed.
    So maybe the HVAC status device was changed or deleted by another plugin or script. The fact that the plugin does not recreate the HVAC Status device at startup means the plugin thinks it still there.
    Make sure no device is hidden.
    From your screenshot it looks like originally the HVAC Status device ref was 27, so check if you still have a device with this ref? If so what does it looks like?

There is no easy way to tell which device the plugin thinks is the HVAC Status. One possible method, would be to set the EasyTrigger log level to Debug, then wait for your Ecobee thermostat to be polled. You should see in your logs all Ecobee devices being updated, the HVAC status should be the one updated just after the HVAC Mode device (ref = 26) so you should be able to retrieve the ref# from that.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      The plugin never ever delete devices, and everytime it starts it checks if some devices are missing and it recreate them if needed.
      So maybe the HVAC status device was changed or deleted by another plugin or script. The fact that the plugin does not recreate the HVAC Status device at startup means the plugin thinks it still there.
      Make sure no device is hidden.
      From your screenshot it looks like originally the HVAC Status device ref was 27, so check if you still have a device with this ref? If so what does it looks like?

There is no easy way to tell which device the plugin thinks is the HVAC Status. One possible method, would be to set the EasyTrigger log level to Debug, then wait for your Ecobee thermostat to be polled. You should see in your logs all Ecobee devices being updated, the HVAC status should be the one updated just after the HVAC Mode device (ref = 26) so you should be able to retrieve the ref# from that.
      Hi spud Thank you for the quick reply.

I checked again this morning and the plugin has recreated the device at some point. You can tell it is a new device as the ref# is new. Is there any way to find out what plugin or script could have deleted an ecobee device? My guess is that it would have to be a plugin as the couple of scripts that are run on this HS machine are extremely basic and minor scripts as I don't do much of it at all. 99.9% of everything I use are events. Could it have been something corrupt in the information coming from the API? Just really strange as I've never experienced a device randomly disappearing in the years I've had HS.

Thank you for your help on this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee ds.png
Views:	151
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1384903
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment