No announcement yet.

Reauthorized, now a new error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please install and test version BETA 3.0.0.35 and let me know if you still see any error in the logs.

Comment

Just installed and reauthorized... so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Just installed and reauthorized... so far so good.
        A bug has been discovered in 3.0.0.35 (HVAC Status device does not update as expected) so, I have just released BETA 3.0.0.36 to fix that.

Comment

I've seen no errors in the log after installing 35 yesterday. Did not notice any problems with status updates, but also didn't look for that issue.

Just installed 36.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Saw these errors in the log yesterday, but did not notice any performance problem with the plug-in.
            Dec-18 9:41:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:37:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:33:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:29:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:25:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:21:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:17:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:13:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:09:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:05:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 9:01:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 8:57:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 8:53:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 8:49:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Dec-18 8:45:49 PM Ecobee ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Saw these errors in the log yesterday, but did not notice any performance problem with the plug-in.
              strange, those are the errors that are supposed to be fixed in 3.0.0.35 and 3.0.0.36.
              can you confirm you are running 3.0.0.36? and if so could you enable log to file, set the file log level to debug and send me the log file as soon as those errors appear again?

Comment

I rechecked. The plug-in is v36. I've enabled the log to file at debug level, but the errors have not shown up again since my earlier post, and I have no idea what prompted that flurry last night. (I do not recall seeing that error before the ones I saw last night, even when running v33.)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  I rechecked. The plug-in is v36. I've enabled the log to file at debug level, but the errors have not shown up again since my earlier post, and I have no idea what prompted that flurry last night. (I do not recall seeing that error before the ones I saw last night, even when running v33.)
                  "ERROR Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference" in v33 is the same thing as "ERROR Request failed: 403 Forbidden" in v36. It is just that I enhanced the error logging since v35 so that the description better explains what happened. Ecobee dev support said the 403 forbidden response was sent to the plugin when their firewall marks the request as being suspicious because no User-Agent header was set in the http header of the request. I fixed this problem in v35, so I don't know why we would still get some 403 forbidden response.

Comment

Update: As of this morning no further Ecobee errors have shown up in the log.

Comment

I have not seen any Ecobee errors in the log since the 18th and will turn off debug logging.

Comment

I have installed the Beta 3.0.0.36 which is the only one offered and I am still getting an error. This seems to be happening every hour.

2021-01-21 9:50:17 AM
                        Legacy-Plugin
                        Ecobee
                        DEBUG Response= Internal Server Error

Comment

Ecobee has reported some incident with their online services for today
                          https://status.ecobee.com/

This is probably the cause of the errors you see in the logs

Comment

Working...
                          X