Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-stop Ecobee homeseer log Device Control entries (by/from: CAPI Control Handler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-stop Ecobee homeseer log Device Control entries (by/from: CAPI Control Handler)

I've recently noticed that I get a non-stop flow of Device Control Homeseer Log entries every 10 seconds for each of my 2 Ecobee thermostats. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the Ecobee plugin. I've tried closing and restarting the Homeseer app on my Windows 10 box. Even when the Ecobee plugin is disabled, the log entries like the ones below keep coming.

I've done lots of Google searches and haven't seen anything that would help explain this situation. This seems like a fairly recent phenomena. I'm worried that whatever this is might put undue resource demands on my system and slow every thing down. And I'm equally puzzled as to what is causing this entries...especially since they continue when the plug in was disabled.

Any thoughts/guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Scott

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot.png
Views:	62
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	1492181
    Attached Files

What is your debug level set to for this plugin?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What is your debug level set to for this plugin?
      I've tried every level of debugging in the Ecobee Plug Conf. - Error, Warning, Info, Debug. It doesn't change this. Also, recall when that it is still generating this log items, even when the Ecobee plugin has been disabled.

Comment

Do you have any events controlling your Ecobee? If so try disabling them.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Do you have any events controlling your Ecobee? If so try disabling them.
          I don't have any events like that. I used Jon00 Event Viewer to confirm that too. I also tried a variety of Homeseer's debug modes to see if I could determine the cause of the activity. Still no luck.

There has to be way I can determine what is triggering that CAPI Control Handler.

Thanks.

Comment

the device control could be caused by another plugin, an event, a script, or another software using the json API (like node-red for example)
            so to troubleshoot this I would try to disable plugins until the log line no longer shows up, check the scripts, disable the json API.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              the device control could be caused by another plugin, an event, a script, or another software using the json API (like node-red for example)
              so to troubleshoot this I would try to disable plugins until the log line no longer shows up, check the scripts, disable the json API.
              Thank you. That was very helpful. I disabled all my plug-ins initially but that didn't change anything. I went on to use the various debugging modes and ultimately realized the activity isthe result of JSON request. The log looks like this:
              Aug-30 22:56:37 Device Control Device: Thermostat Ecobee Downstairs HVAC Mode to Auto (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 22:56:37 Device Control Device: Thermostat Ecobee Upstairs HVAC Mode to Auto (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 22:56:37 Info Controling device Downstairs HVAC Mode from JSON, source=Not Specified
              Aug-30 22:56:37 Info Controling device Upstairs HVAC Mode from JSON, source=Not Specified
              Aug-30 22:56:37 DEBUG JSON Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=11&value=3
              Aug-30 22:56:37 DEBUG JSON Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=24&value=3
              Unfortunately, the log says the source for the JSON request is "Not Specified". I can't recall what would be doing this. Is there any other way to trace the source of a JSON request?

Comment

Working...
              X