This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    What do you mean exactly by "house modes"? Have you created a confort setting named "Vacation" ?
    If so you need to disable/enable the plugin so that this confort setting is created as a control attached to the "Current Program" device

By default there is a Vacation status pair attached to the "Current Program" device because from the Ecobee you can define Vacation event with a start and end date.
    Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I set up a virtual device to control House Modes (ex. Home/Away/Vacation/Asleep/Awake) that I use to set the general mode that the house is in. When this virtual device changes to "Vacation", if I forgot to define a Vacation event with a start and end date in the Ecobee app then I'd like to set the Echobee to "Current Program" Vacation.

I notice that in the triggers dropdown for "Current Program" that it has (custom, set any value, Home, Away, Vacation, Hold, Sleep) but the Actions pull down menu for "Current Program" only has (Resume Program, Away, Home, Sleep).

After reading your response above, it sounds like the only way to accomplish this is to create a new comfort setting called "Vacation"? Or is it possible to add it to the actions drop down menu?

Thanks Spud!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I set up a virtual device to control House Modes (ex. Home/Away/Vacation/Asleep/Awake) that I use to set the general mode that the house is in. When this virtual device changes to "Vacation", if I forgot to define a Vacation event with a start and end date in the Ecobee app then I'd like to set the Echobee to "Current Program" Vacation.

I notice that in the triggers dropdown for "Current Program" that it has (custom, set any value, Home, Away, Vacation, Hold, Sleep) but the Actions pull down menu for "Current Program" only has (Resume Program, Away, Home, Sleep).

After reading your response above, it sounds like the only way to accomplish this is to create a new comfort setting called "Vacation"? Or is it possible to add it to the actions drop down menu?

Thanks Spud!
      Yeah you can try adding a comfort setting called "Vacation", or maybe call it something else because the Ecobee vacation feature is a special feature that needs a start and end date.

Comment

I understand from Ecobee, that if you want to know the outdoor temperature of your location, that Ecobee, uses the info on the Internet based on the Lat and Long of the location to get an approx temperature.

I would desire a more accurate reading, but this may be good enough.

Does the Plugin have access to this info that Ecobee says that they have.

Don

Comment

What models of Ecobee does the plugin support

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
            I understand from Ecobee, that if you want to know the outdoor temperature of your location, that Ecobee, uses the info on the Internet based on the Lat and Long of the location to get an approx temperature.

I would desire a more accurate reading, but this may be good enough.

Does the Plugin have access to this info that Ecobee says that they have.

Don
            the plugin doesn't expose the outdoor temperature, but in HS you can use a weather plugin (like WeatherXML) to get all the weather data you want.

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
              What models of Ecobee does the plugin support
              it supports Ecobee 3, Ecobee 3 lite, and Ecobee 4

Comment

Working...
              X