This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jryanishere View Post
    I will be purchasing HomeSeer in the next month and this is the only thing stopping me. Any word on when it'll be available?
    I'm targeting end of April for the first Linux release. Note that you will need Mono 4. or later.

Comment

Good news for Linux users, I found the problem and got the plugin to work on my Zee 2. Here is the simple fix you need to do:

- stop HomeSeer
      - ssh to your server and then move Mono.CSharp.dll and CSScriptLibrary.dll from the HS3 root folder to the bin folder.
      - restart HS
      - install version 3.0.0.10 of the plugin attached to the first post of this thread

that's it, and moving those dll shouldn't break anything, Rich is actually putting them in the bin folder in the next release.

let me know if you have any problem.

Comment

Temp showing too many decimal places

Hello Spud,
        I have created an HST screen for my Ecobee3 and have a text box where I bring in the Temperature. The setting in the temperature device under the status graphics tab indicate that it will only show 1 decimal place, however there are times when the number in the HST text box try to show more than 10 decimal places. If the temp shows 72.1 in the device, it could show 72.09999999999 in the HST text box.
        In the HST text box properties - Status/Device Association - Status TrackingNormal setting I have it set to use "Value" rather than "Use Status Text" so that I don't show the degree character and "F" in my project.
        Is this possibly a bug or is it because I am using the Value with no modification? Is there a way to pull in just the 72.1 data without the degree character and "F" (Fahrenheit)?
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Hello Spud,
          I have created an HST screen for my Ecobee3 and have a text box where I bring in the Temperature. The setting in the temperature device under the status graphics tab indicate that it will only show 1 decimal place, however there are times when the number in the HST text box try to show more than 10 decimal places. If the temp shows 72.1 in the device, it could show 72.09999999999 in the HST text box.
          In the HST text box properties - Status/Device Association - Status TrackingNormal setting I have it set to use "Value" rather than "Use Status Text" so that I don't show the degree character and "F" in my project.
          Is this possibly a bug or is it because I am using the Value with no modification? Is there a way to pull in just the 72.1 data without the degree character and "F" (Fahrenheit)?
          I don't think this is a bug, it's a consequence of the floating-point format used by computer to represent decimal values, see this link for more info: http://floating-point-gui.de/basic/

What you can try is
          (a) use a quick script in HSTouch designer to round the value to 1 decimals something like that [$SCRIPT=&Round($$DVR:123:,1)]
          or
          (b) if you don't want to see the degree character and F at all in your device status, edit the device and delete the suffix field in the "Status-Graphics" tab. Then use the status text in the designer

Comment

Hi, great plugin, it had been flawless for a month now. I was wonder is it possible to change the comfort setting (like Home and Sleep) temperatures?

Comment

of course,I was the one to blow it up.. worked for a week, then...
              It will not let me reload from installer ( test ) ecobee

Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

update / reinstall

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                of course,I was the one to blow it up.. worked for a week, then...
                It will not let me reload from installer ( test ) ecobee

here is pic
                Attached Files

Comment

not sure what's wrong, probably the zip got corrupted when you copied it to your HS3 server, or maybe it's a rights problem. In any case try to install from the updater version 3.0.0.10

there is not a lot of difference between 3.0.0.13 and 3.0.0.10 anyway, and 3.0.0.13 will be in the updater soon

Comment

yep,went back to .10 and worked fine....
                    Thanks, Keep up the great work on your plug-ins
                    ps. I purchased it while broken, knew you had it !!

Comment

Noticed a possible issue in 3.0.0.17 re: minimum fan run time. When checking through the Ecobee web portal and on the screen of the Ecobee itself, I can change the minimum fan run time to 5min but if I set it back to zero, it stays at 5min.

Is this something you can test on your side or is there more info I need to provide?

Current Date/Time: 5/5/2017 8:57:45 AM
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
                      Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 49 Seconds
                      IP Address: 192.168.8.2
                      Number of Devices: 220
                      Number of Events: 100
                      Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
                      1.1.2.0: Device History
                      3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
                      3.0.0.17: Ecobee
                      3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
                      0.0.0.30: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.4.3: SDJ-Health
                      3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
                      3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Comment

Tested a little further and I am able to change it from 5min to 10min then 15min and back to 5min but not able to change it to 0min. Might be an issue with the coding or formatting for setting 0min through the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                          Tested a little further and I am able to change it from 5min to 10min then 15min and back to 5min but not able to change it to 0min. Might be an issue with the coding or formatting for setting 0min through the plugin.
                          I fixed this bug in version 3.0.0.18 available in first post of this thread.
                          Thank you for reporting it.

Comment

Appears to work, thanks!

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

What do you mean exactly by "house modes"? Have you created a confort setting named "Vacation" ?
                                If so you need to disable/enable the plugin so that this confort setting is created as a control attached to the "Current Program" device

By default there is a Vacation status pair attached to the "Current Program" device because from the Ecobee you can define Vacation event with a start and end date.

Comment

Working...
                                X