replied
    Originally posted by djbeam View Post
    What models of Ecobee does the plugin support
    it supports Ecobee 3, Ecobee 3 lite, and Ecobee 4

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by djbeam View Post
    I understand from Ecobee, that if you want to know the outdoor temperature of your location, that Ecobee, uses the info on the Internet based on the Lat and Long of the location to get an approx temperature.

I would desire a more accurate reading, but this may be good enough.

Does the Plugin have access to this info that Ecobee says that they have.

Don
    the plugin doesn't expose the outdoor temperature, but in HS you can use a weather plugin (like WeatherXML) to get all the weather data you want.

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    What models of Ecobee does the plugin support

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    I understand from Ecobee, that if you want to know the outdoor temperature of your location, that Ecobee, uses the info on the Internet based on the Lat and Long of the location to get an approx temperature.

I would desire a more accurate reading, but this may be good enough.

Does the Plugin have access to this info that Ecobee says that they have.

Don

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I set up a virtual device to control House Modes (ex. Home/Away/Vacation/Asleep/Awake) that I use to set the general mode that the house is in. When this virtual device changes to "Vacation", if I forgot to define a Vacation event with a start and end date in the Ecobee app then I'd like to set the Echobee to "Current Program" Vacation.

I notice that in the triggers dropdown for "Current Program" that it has (custom, set any value, Home, Away, Vacation, Hold, Sleep) but the Actions pull down menu for "Current Program" only has (Resume Program, Away, Home, Sleep).

After reading your response above, it sounds like the only way to accomplish this is to create a new comfort setting called "Vacation"? Or is it possible to add it to the actions drop down menu?

Thanks Spud!
    Yeah you can try adding a comfort setting called "Vacation", or maybe call it something else because the Ecobee vacation feature is a special feature that needs a start and end date.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    What do you mean exactly by "house modes"? Have you created a confort setting named "Vacation" ?
    If so you need to disable/enable the plugin so that this confort setting is created as a control attached to the "Current Program" device

By default there is a Vacation status pair attached to the "Current Program" device because from the Ecobee you can define Vacation event with a start and end date.
    Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I set up a virtual device to control House Modes (ex. Home/Away/Vacation/Asleep/Awake) that I use to set the general mode that the house is in. When this virtual device changes to "Vacation", if I forgot to define a Vacation event with a start and end date in the Ecobee app then I'd like to set the Echobee to "Current Program" Vacation.

I notice that in the triggers dropdown for "Current Program" that it has (custom, set any value, Home, Away, Vacation, Hold, Sleep) but the Actions pull down menu for "Current Program" only has (Resume Program, Away, Home, Sleep).

After reading your response above, it sounds like the only way to accomplish this is to create a new comfort setting called "Vacation"? Or is it possible to add it to the actions drop down menu?

Thanks Spud!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    What do you mean exactly by "house modes"? Have you created a confort setting named "Vacation" ?
    If so you need to disable/enable the plugin so that this confort setting is created as a control attached to the "Current Program" device

By default there is a Vacation status pair attached to the "Current Program" device because from the Ecobee you can define Vacation event with a start and end date.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied
    Appears to work, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by mwolter View Post
    Tested a little further and I am able to change it from 5min to 10min then 15min and back to 5min but not able to change it to 0min. Might be an issue with the coding or formatting for setting 0min through the plugin.
    I fixed this bug in version 3.0.0.18 available in first post of this thread.
    Thank you for reporting it.

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied
    Tested a little further and I am able to change it from 5min to 10min then 15min and back to 5min but not able to change it to 0min. Might be an issue with the coding or formatting for setting 0min through the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied
    Noticed a possible issue in 3.0.0.17 re: minimum fan run time. When checking through the Ecobee web portal and on the screen of the Ecobee itself, I can change the minimum fan run time to 5min but if I set it back to zero, it stays at 5min.

Is this something you can test on your side or is there more info I need to provide?

Current Date/Time: 5/5/2017 8:57:45 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 49 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.8.2
    Number of Devices: 220
    Number of Events: 100
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
    1.1.2.0: Device History
    3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.17: Ecobee
    3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
    0.0.0.30: Pushover 3P
    3.0.4.3: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    yep,went back to .10 and worked fine....
    Thanks, Keep up the great work on your plug-ins
    ps. I purchased it while broken, knew you had it !!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    not sure what's wrong, probably the zip got corrupted when you copied it to your HS3 server, or maybe it's a rights problem. In any case try to install from the updater version 3.0.0.10

there is not a lot of difference between 3.0.0.13 and 3.0.0.10 anyway, and 3.0.0.13 will be in the updater soon

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    update / reinstall

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    of course,I was the one to blow it up.. worked for a week, then...
    It will not let me reload from installer ( test ) ecobee

here is pic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X