X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fujitsu Mini-Split Air Conditioner HSPI for HS3

Description

Fujitsu Ductless Mini-Split Systems air conditioning units are very popular around the world, particularly in warm, tropical climates where whole-house air conditioning isn’t practical. These units are more aesthetically pleasing than window-mounted units and generally operate more quietly as the noisy compressor portion is separate and located outside away from the head unit mounted inside the house. If you have one or more of these units, it is possible to enable them online using the Fujitsu This plug-in will connect to the data services and publish the AC unit(s) that are being monitored by your account into HomeSeer 3 as home automation devices. The plug-in supports multiple monitor devices if you happen to have more than one associated to your account. It will detect how many devices you have and create the necessary devices for you so that you can monitor them and act upon any of the data reported.

NOTE: Historically Fujitsu units were controlled by either directly wired or wireless (using infrared (IR)) units that were connected to the Internet, provided by a company called Intesis. This plug-in DOES NOT support the Intesis modules. Rather Fujitsu General has started providing their own solution that is hard-wired into each head unit in the house and connects to your Wi-Fi network. The part number I have is Fujitsu General UTY-TFNXZ2 and the unit looks like the one shown in the picture below. There may be different model numbers for different global regions but the basic design is the same. If you have one with a big IR lens on it, it isn’t the right one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fujitsu-wi-fi-module.png Views:	197 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	1303225

How It Works
    The plug-in uses the account username and password you provide in its Config screen to connect into your FGLair (Fujitsu General's app for managing your AC units) account to retrieve your monitoring data. As this data is stored on the Fujitsu site, where the plug-in runs is unimportant. You don't have to have an HS3 instance running where the AC unit(s) being monitored/controlled are located as the readings aren't being collected by the plug-in locally. This is super convenient if you are monitoring usage at a vacation rental property or other location where you aren't present all the time.

You can set up polling frequency within the Config page to whatever you prefer. I have found 15-20 seconds works fine and makes things prettty responsive. Keep in mind there are two hops involved in this system. One to the Fujitsu server and then one to the actual AC unit being monitored or controlled. If you change the temperature on a unit, it takes a few seconds for it all to flow through the system so don't expect instant results but it is reasonably quick. I have designed the plug-in to only change the state of a device after it gets the confirmation that the change was applied successfully. So, for example, if you change the Power device to "On", the device state in HS3 will only become "On" once the Fujitsu system has reported a successful command response from the AC unit.

Main Features
    • Reads basic account information and detects all the AC units that are registered in the FGLair app.
    • Controls all the basic functions of the AC unit including:
      • Serial number of the Wi-Fi module, its IP address and online status
      • Temperature the AC unit is set to
      • Operation mode: Cool, heat, dehumidify, ...
      • Power on/off unit
      • Fan speed
      • Air direction louver positioning
      • Economy mode on/off
      • Any error codes currently reported by the unit
    • Temperature units can be reported/controlled either in Fahrenheit or Celsius units
    • Additional useful HS devices report how many total AC units have been detected and how many are currently turned on
    • The FGLair app stores a user-provided building and unit name for each AC unit. These are used to pre-populate the Floor and Room fields for HS3 when the objects are created.
    • Note there are two ways to turn on the AC unit given the way the Fujitsu system works. You can use the "On" button under the Power device which will power the device and have it return to whatever Operation mode (e.g., Cool) that it was previously set to. Alternatively you can choose one of the Operation modes (e.g., Fan Only) and that will both power up the unit and set it to Fan mode. When the unit is powered off, the Operation mode device will also show "Off" as its state even though it isn't an option to turn it off on the Operation Mode device. Rest assured, however, that the unit remembers what mode it was in before and will return to it when the power is turned on again.
    • You may still control the AC units with the IR remote (if you have them) and the plug-in will pick up any changes you made.
    • Some AC units have louvers that direct the air horizontally, vertically or both. Some only support vertical control. Where a particular feature isn't supported, the plug-in doesn't create an object to control that feature to avoid confusion.
    • The way the air louvers work on the Fujitsu units work is a little funky. There is an "Adjust" mode where the louvers can be moved through a series of positions with each press of the "Adjust" control to get the air pointed just where you want it. There is no way for the plug-in to know what position the louvers are in from the data. You just have to look at the unit and adjust it until you get it where you want it. There is also a "Swing" mode for both horizontal and vertical louvers that automatically move the louvers back and forth (up/down or side-to-side, as appropriate) to move the air around.

Example Usage
    • Turn off AC units that you left on or turn on AC units in advance before getting to your home.
    • If you have a vacation rental with automation, you can publish an interface to your property manager to let them control your AC as needed when guests arrive/leave.
    • Tie the AC operation to the status of your doors. If a door is open, for example, turn off the AC to avoid wasting power.
    • Use presence detection to decide when to turn on/off AC in a particular room.

DownloadsInitial setup and Getting started
    • The plug-in is available through the standard HS3 updater. Just download it and install it.
    • The plug-in will start automatically but will not create any HS3 devices until you enter your username/password info into the Config screen under the Plugins->FujitsuHVAC->Config page in the HS3 UI.
    • There are default username/password values in the fields that you need to replace with your real credentials. If the plug-in sees either of these default values, it will not try to connect to Fujitsu site or create any devices.
      • NOTE: You get your username/password by creating an account with the FGLair app. The company that set you up with your Wi-Fi units for your AC systems can help you get this set up. I have no way of helping with this other than telling you to ask your provider so please don't ask.
    • Once you enter your valid credentials, the plug-in is designed to automatically go try to connect and get your data. No restart of the plug-in should be required (but it won't hurt either). If it is able to successfully log in, it will initially create all the needed devices in HS3 and then populate them with your data.
    • Optionally you can choose whether you want Celsius or Fahrenheit temperatures reported (Fujitsu only sends Celsius so I do the conversion in the plug-in for Fahrenheit). The default is Fahrenheit.
    • Optionally you can set the refresh rate of the data from the Fujitsu data feed. The default is 30 seconds but you can do 10-15 seconds in my experience or less frequently if you prefer.
    • Optionally you can turn on debug info but this is only useful if you need some help from me on a bug. Default is off.
    • Note, Fujitsu only allows Fahrenheit temperatures to be adjusted in 2 degree increments. Celsius is adjusted in 1 degree increments. That is just the way the system works and is identical to what you see on the IR remote controls.
    Requirements
    • Recent build of HS3. I haven't gone back to see if it breaks anywhere back in old builds but I think what I'm doing is pretty straightforward so it shouldn't have too much sensitivity on the version.
    • You need the .NET runtime 4.x+ on Windows or the equivalent Mono on Linux. I haven't extensively tested what versions it will/won't work with but pick something fairly recent and you should be good.
    • I use the NewtonSoft JSON DLL but install it in my own bin directory under the HS3 installation per the guidance from HS so it should be good to go.
    Support
    • Please drop me a note here if you have questions or run into problems. This isn't my full-time job but I will be happy to try to help and address bugs as fast as possible. And feature requests are always appreciated.

Version 3.0.0.1- Released May 6, 2019
    • Initial release to the HS3 updater.

Screenshots

Example set of the the AC unit devices created
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Devices.PNG Views:	326 Size:	428.0 KB ID:	1303222

Example of the extra HS devices that monitor how many AC units have been found and how many are currently on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	extra devices.PNG Views:	191 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	1303224

Config page
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Config.PNG Views:	193 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	1303223

Hello. Would you be able to use this plugin for Pioneer Mini Split? https://www.pioneerminisplit.com/

I've owned this system for about a year, very good...it has Wi-Fi communications, but the app is horrible. The API is available

Really need to integrate this to HomeSeer for event triggering.

Thank you!

Comment

What drop down is it in the HS3 updater...I don't see it?

Comment

I can't say for sure as I have no access to a Pioneer system to try it against. I suspect it wouldn't work though. There are so many of these mini-split units out there and I think they tend to do their own thing for each one.

Do you have a pointer to the API they have for it? Worst case I could look at adding support for it if they have an open API. Fujitsu doesn't publish theirs at all so I had to reverse engineer the whole thing.

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
        Hello. Would you be able to use this plugin for Pioneer Mini Split? https://www.pioneerminisplit.com/

I've owned this system for about a year, very good...it has Wi-Fi communications, but the app is horrible. The API is available

Really need to integrate this to HomeSeer for event triggering.

Thank you!

Comment

What drop down is it in the HS3 updater...I don't see it?
          It is under Thermostats and HVAC. You may have to refresh your listing to see it. I just checked and it is visible in my Updater UI.

Comment

I have it on my plugin list now. Would you be able to do anything with the Google APK https://sameapk.com/nethome-plus/

Comment

Unfortunately that just gives me an app for an Android phone but no docs on what it is doing under the covers. I could get the IOS version (I have an iPhone) and do what I did with my Fujitsu app and reverse-engineer the protocol but I would need access to an account where these AC units are registered to experiment with to get it working. It's probably not all that different from my Fujitsu units. The pages seem to talk about an open API but I can find no sign of it for Nethome Plus or Midea.

If you want to see what I can do through the existing IOS app, let's discuss on a PM. I'd be willing to give it a try if you wanted.

I have it on my plugin list now. Would you be able to do anything with the Google APK https://sameapk.com/nethome-plus/

Comment

I would like to have a plugin for the Pioneer as well looking to putting these in my home very soon.

Comment

For those wondering if their units will work with this add on, see this page which includes compatibility list.

https://www.ecomfort.com/manuals/fuj...e54a5b812c.pdf

Comment

Hopefully XboxMeister will have a working plugin for Pioneer hiseer mini splits with HomeSeer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                      For those wondering if their units will work with this add on, see this page which includes compatibility list.

https://www.ecomfort.com/manuals/fuj...e54a5b812c.pdf
                      Thanks for posting this. The Fujitsu wi-fi module seems to work with a lot of their mini split units. I have several different models in my vacation rental house and all are working with it.

Comment

Hopefully XboxMeister will have a working plugin for Pioneer hiseer mini splits with HomeSeer soon.
                        Working on it. Their protocol is a bear compared to Fujitsu. I think whoever designed it used to work for banks or the DoD given the crazy amounts of encryption they use. More info soon as I make progress. I've gotten to the point I can enumerate AC units and get some basic info about them. Next big hurdle is getting actual status of a unit which jumps through a bunch of encryption hoops.

Comment

*** Looking for volunteers ***

Based on MattMan's request, I created a plug-in to control Midea AC units. I believe they also rebrand as Pioneer and perhaps other AC units. They use an app called Nethome Plus (at least on iPhone) to control the AC units. Their protocol is super overly complex including encrypted blobs for their commands and status responses so it took a lot to get it implemented and working. Now that I have it working solidly I'd like to have a few volunteers that want to try it on their AC units to see if it works consistently across different models. Midea seems to make a lot of appliances of different types and I think they use the same protocol across them so I could imagine expanding this one to cover more than AC over time.

So I need a few volunteers to try out the plug-in. It uses their cloud interface to do everything so you will need a Nethome Plus account. It can't talk to the units locally over your LAN. Also will obviously need the wi-fi module for your AC unit for it to work. I will send you the plug-in separately to try if you want to try it. It controls temperature, mode (cool, ...), fan speed, power on/off, Sleep mode, Turbo mode, ... The only two things I couldn't get working (and I think because the app interface doesn't support it for at least some models) is Economy mode and configuring the louvers to swing or manually move.

If you are interested in giving it a try, send me a PM.

PS: Many thanks to MattMan for offering up his AC unit for me to work with remotely to make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
                            I would like to have a plugin for the Pioneer as well looking to putting these in my home very soon.
                            Reach out to XboxMeister for a working beta plugin to try on your Pioneer Mini Split from HiSeer. https://forums.homeseer.com/member/109802-xboxmeister

Comment

Closing on a new house next week and they have a Fujitsu Mini Split with two separate thermostats to control the upstairs. Looks like this might work with it. Brand new to this so any advice or help upfront greatly appreciated.

There's only one unit outside, so I assume it's a bit like a zoned environment where each of the thermostats control a separate Zone and would show up as separate devices and homeseer?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X