This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomgru,

My understanding is that the Fujitsu's can either be controlled by an IR remote or through a hardwired connection into the unit (or both if you want to have the option). The Wi-Fi adapter connects to the same hardwire connections as your thermostat (I'm assuming each one is wired through the wall to an AC unit). I'm not sure if you can have both connected at the same time or have to pick between Wi-Fi or a wall thermostat. In my setup, the previous owner just used the IR remotes and there was no wiring run for thermostats. So I had the Wi-Fi modules installed.

For the plug-in to work, you will need the Wi-Fi unit as it is the way the data gets sent to the Fujitsu servers. It is possible of course that the thermostats you have are Wi-Fi capable and also link up to the cloud (or perhaps there are models that do if the ones they have now don't). Check the manual for them if possible to see about that. If you have a model number for the thermostats I can poke around and see if they have that support or have other models that do. The key ultimately will be if you can control your AC units thru the FGLair app. If you can, the plug-in will work. If you have no access through the app, the plug-in won't be able to work either. It doesn't use the app of course but it uses the same backend data interface as the app does.

On the outdoor units, I have 5 AC head units in the house but only 2 outdoor compressor units that service all of them. Each indoor unit is entirely separate from the others and is effectively its own zone (e.g., turning on one, changing its settings, … has no impact on any others). They are wired back to the compressor outdoors to turn it on when any or all of them need it running. I think it is pretty common that you would have more indoor units than the outdoor ones.

If you have any info about your thermostat, I'd be happy to see if I can figure out anything about it to see if it might work. All of the plug-in control is done through their cloud service, not on the local LAN so that Wi-Fi capability needs to be there one way or the other.

-XM

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post
      Tomgru,

My understanding is that the Fujitsu's can either be controlled by an IR remote or through a hardwired connection into the unit (or both if you want to have the option). The Wi-Fi adapter connects to the same hardwire connections as your thermostat (I'm assuming each one is wired through the wall to an AC unit). I'm not sure if you can have both connected at the same time or have to pick between Wi-Fi or a wall thermostat. In my setup, the previous owner just used the IR remotes and there was no wiring run for thermostats. So I had the Wi-Fi modules installed.

For the plug-in to work, you will need the Wi-Fi unit as it is the way the data gets sent to the Fujitsu servers. It is possible of course that the thermostats you have are Wi-Fi capable and also link up to the cloud (or perhaps there are models that do if the ones they have now don't). Check the manual for them if possible to see about that. If you have a model number for the thermostats I can poke around and see if they have that support or have other models that do. The key ultimately will be if you can control your AC units thru the FGLair app. If you can, the plug-in will work. If you have no access through the app, the plug-in won't be able to work either. It doesn't use the app of course but it uses the same backend data interface as the app does.

On the outdoor units, I have 5 AC head units in the house but only 2 outdoor compressor units that service all of them. Each indoor unit is entirely separate from the others and is effectively its own zone (e.g., turning on one, changing its settings, … has no impact on any others). They are wired back to the compressor outdoors to turn it on when any or all of them need it running. I think it is pretty common that you would have more indoor units than the outdoor ones.

If you have any info about your thermostat, I'd be happy to see if I can figure out anything about it to see if it might work. All of the plug-in control is done through their cloud service, not on the local LAN so that Wi-Fi capability needs to be there one way or the other.

-XM
      Totally get it, thanks. When actually close in the house and can spend more time I'll try to get all the relevant information and figure it out. Thanks for the offer of help would be great to have this working.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

No worries. From the picture you posted I think the thermostat you have is the UTY-RNNUM from Fujitsu or something like it. I haven't found anything that indicates it or similar models has Wi-Fi capability. For the longest time, Fujitsu didn't even supply their own Wi-Fi module for the mini-splits so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have much in this line. My suggestion would be to talk to your HVAC contractor to see if they can add the Fujitsu Wi-Fi modules to your setup while leaving the thermostats working. It might be something that can run in parallel. As I said, I didn't have thermostats so can't say whether they work simultaneously or not.

Make sure you ask for the Fujitsu made modules specifically that use the FGLair app to work as their previous solution was 3rd party and used a different approach that the plug-in doesn't support (yet ).

-XM

Comment

No worries. From the picture you posted I think the thermostat you have is the UTY-RNNUM from Fujitsu or something like it. I haven't found anything that indicates it or similar models has Wi-Fi capability. For the longest time, Fujitsu didn't even supply their own Wi-Fi module for the mini-splits so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have much in this line. My suggestion would be to talk to your HVAC contractor to see if they can add the Fujitsu Wi-Fi modules to your setup while leaving the thermostats working. It might be something that can run in parallel. As I said, I didn't have thermostats so can't say whether they work simultaneously or not.

Make sure you ask for the Fujitsu made modules specifically that use the FGLair app to work as their previous solution was 3rd party and used a different approach that the plug-in doesn't support (yet ).

-XM
          Will do!!!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi XboxMeister!

Wondering if you could adapt the Fujitsu plugin to the LG mini-split units. The protocol has already been reverse engineered for Home Assistant as "wideq" by Adrian Sampson, and it works quite well on a test HA unit. https://github.com/sampsyo/wideq

But I'd much rather stick with HS3! How much work would it be to do? The new LG mini-split units have Wifi control built in, goes through their cloud servers.

Thanks in advance - i'm so hoping someone will come up with a solution to integrate the LG units.

Comment

Probably possible. I'll have to dig around in the example code and see how complicated it is.

Originally posted by seatrope View Post
              Hi XboxMeister!

Wondering if you could adapt the Fujitsu plugin to the LG mini-split units. The protocol has already been reverse engineered for Home Assistant as "wideq" by Adrian Sampson, and it works quite well on a test HA unit. https://github.com/sampsyo/wideq

But I'd much rather stick with HS3! How much work would it be to do? The new LG mini-split units have Wifi control built in, goes through their cloud servers.

Thanks in advance - i'm so hoping someone will come up with a solution to integrate the LG units.

Comment

That would be awesome. Personally I love the LG units and I think the code is applicable to other LG A/C units (window, ceiling cassette etc) as well as their other appliances as well (someone adapted the code to deal with their washer and dryer on HA).

Comment

I've got a Mitsubishi mini-split and would be happy to work with you to develop a plug-in for it. It has their "KumoCloud" WiFi option installed.

Thanks,
                  Jack

Comment

Hi - I have 4 Pioneer mini-splits and a NethomePlus account with them all set up, if you're still looking for volunteers for the plugin testing, let me know! I tried to send a PM and it wouldn't let me - sorry.

Comment

-XM
                      Do you have an ETA on an Intesis plugin? I see it on your website but can't find it for purchase/download.

Comment

I'm looking for a minisplit, I don't mind Fujitsu, but is there a recommendation on a certain model? I will only be cooling 180 sq ft (the whole building which will be foamed in is actually 288 SQ Ft with a 288 sqft loft for storage, but the loft is considered "under air" since it will be foamed in).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                          I'm looking for a minisplit, I don't mind Fujitsu, but is there a recommendation on a certain model? I will only be cooling 180 sq ft (the whole building which will be foamed in is actually 288 SQ Ft with a 288 sqft loft for storage, but the loft is considered "under air" since it will be foamed in).
                          Hi sirmeili, Fujistsu is ok...I personally bought the PIONEER MINI SPLIT system and have been using for the last 2 years. Better price than the Fujitsu. It came with the inverter, line set and condenser. I put one in my garage/workshop, and purchased the 24,000 BTU. the 24k is rated to condition as space up tp 750 sq ft. Comes with IR remote, or the WiFi Dongle to use the net home plus app. We have a plug in developed for HomeSeer and worked great for about 6 months, but we need to update the security protocols to work around to get it working again. The inverter on the wall is sleek, and the opaque white digital temp display is really cool. For smaller space, maybe a 12,000 BTU or 18,000. It heats the space really fast, and in the summer in turbo mode it's icy cold. I installed mine myself, it was reasonably simple.

They usually have a sale or coupon.

https://www.pioneerminisplit.com/

Comment

I'd love to see control for Daikin mini-splits added. They're a world leader (Daikin, Mitsubiti, and Fujitsu are probably the big 3) and they have a wifi adapter that looks suspiciously similar to what you photographed: https://www.totalhomesupply.com/p/da...-split-systems

I'm not sure if their API is public, but someone has created a node module to "talk" with their units so there's at least a way to talk to the wifi interface: https://github.com/Apollon77/daikin-controller

I'm not skilled enough to write a plugin myself, but I can debug like an all-star. Incidentally if anyone is in the market I've been incredibly happy with my daikin for a two-story detached building I have. It runs off 20A/240VAC and uses about as much energy as a couple of 100W bulbs. It's frankly rather amazing in SC heat and the occasional 10F day. In general the minis are pretty cool. I did all the legwork of the install myself and had an HVAC connect the lineset and check that it was working and it's been running like a top ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                              I'd love to see control for Daikin mini-splits added. They're a world leader (Daikin, Mitsubiti, and Fujitsu are probably the big 3) and they have a wifi adapter that looks suspiciously similar to what you photographed: https://www.totalhomesupply.com/p/da...-split-systems

I'm not sure if their API is public, but someone has created a node module to "talk" with their units so there's at least a way to talk to the wifi interface: https://github.com/Apollon77/daikin-controller

I'm not skilled enough to write a plugin myself, but I can debug like an all-star. Incidentally if anyone is in the market I've been incredibly happy with my daikin for a two-story detached building I have. It runs off 20A/240VAC and uses about as much energy as a couple of 100W bulbs. It's frankly rather amazing in SC heat and the occasional 10F day. In general the minis are pretty cool. I did all the legwork of the install myself and had an HVAC connect the lineset and check that it was working and it's been running like a top ever since.
                              Why does it have to be "suspiciously similar" ? haha

All of the minispilt from major brands are good or better to excellent in my opinion. Fujitsu may be cost prohibitive from some people however. I had a quote from a Fujitsu dealer and it was outrageous. I said forget it. For $1,100 the Mini Split I purchased from HIGHSEER (Pioneer) came with an installation kit, line sets (25 ft) and I did it myself. The only thing I bought extra was a pad for the outdoor condenser. A sub panel with 25 amp breaker, 12/2 romex wire to wire to your breaker panel for 220vac. Installation wise you just need a good HVAC gauge set, a small Zeny vacuum pump to pull a vacuum on the line set. The condenser comes precharged from the factory with refrigerant (r410a). Once the vacuum is is done, open the valves with an Allan wrench to break the vacuum with refrigerant and you are ready to go. For a do it your selfer, it's the way to go in my opinion.

What is the SEER rating on some of the ones you have?

Comment

XboxMeister - Do you have any updates on the plugin for the Pioneer/Midea units? I have a 5-zone BlueRidge system (also made by Midea, and uses the same WiFi modules and NetHome Plus app), and would love to get them added to HS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X