No announcement yet.

RC-80 Thermostat Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, now that I am tracing it, everything had worked perfectly. I see only a very occasional debug message in the logs, so I'm not sure if it will show anything worthwhile the next time it hangs, but I'm hopeful.

Boris

Comment

Boris,

At what interval are you polling the thermostats? Rick found out over the weekend that he was polling too frequently and that was contributing to performance issues he was seeing. In the next beta release, the plug in will set a minimum poll interval to be 10 seconds * the number of thermostats.

I have 2 thermostats on my system, and my polling interval is 25 seconds which has not caused me any issues. I know of at least one other that has 4 on his system and has also not complained about performance.

Alan

Comment

Alan,

I have had polling set to 30 this entire time. I must say that this past week is the longest I've gone ever between hangs, although I saw it 3 times during the previous week of using the plugin. Now that I have the tracing on, it's just like the car that runs fine when you take it to the mechanic...

Boris

Comment

Working...
        X