Events don't work in newer builds of HAI plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events don't work in newer builds of HAI plugin

I noticed that some of my existing HVAC events stopped working over the last couple of updates to the HAI plug-in.

Changes to the HSP/CSP via the web browser work fine.

I tested it out by creating a new event that only changes the HSP/CSP in the HAI tab. I have System set to Auto, Fan to Auto, HSP 70, and CSP 80. The trigger is manual.

When I run that event by clicking on "Execute Now", in the log I only see that the event was run. There is no update to the tstat. Also, nothing happens on the tstat itself.

Am I doing something wrong, or did this stop working?

A.J.,

It is beta, so sometimes changes cause a disconnect of your previous events. With new events not working, check to see that your thermostat device is being created. I expect that it is not being created so the event cannot fire.

I am sure Alan will respond here also.

I have three HAI thermostats that have worked on all of the recent releases, but I did have to recreate some stuff because the attempted conversion of the devices from self-created to plug-in managed did not work well.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I understand it's beta - I'm not complaining!

I did see a message when starting HS that asked to upgrade the devices, and I did that.

I'm assuming since everything works via the web browser, that the devices are set correctly.

How would I "check to see that your thermostat device is being created?"

Comment

AJ,
        How many thermostats do you have and how many actions are you attemtpting per event. If you have 0.79, I think there are some issues related to multiple actions on an event that were fixed in 0.80. Also, if you are runnin g0.79, update to 0.80 before you try to upgrade devices or else you will have to delete all the devices and recreate them.

Sorry for any problems.

Alan

Comment

Alan,

I have the latest 0.8 version. I skipped 0.79. I did update to 0.8 before upgrading devices.

I am trying the simplest of events (as I said) manual trigger, just change the CSP to 80 degrees. Nothing else.

Should I try deleting the devices and recreating them? I only have one thermostat.

Comment

AJ,
            Try deleting the event and recreating it. I will reconfig my system to only have one thermostat first thing in the morning and see what I find.

Alan

Comment

I created this event after installing 0.80 - when I realized that the events weren't working.

Anyway, I tried deleting it and recreating - same thing. Log shows the manual trigger but nothing else.

{update - half hour later]
              I just tried deleting the devices and 'starting over'. Still no go. Again, everything works fine from the web browser, but not from an event within HS...

[incidentally...] Any ideas on how to announce every time the HSP/CSP is changed on the tstat? I'm guessing a script.

Comment

AJ,
                Found the problems. In 0.78 when multiple thermostat actions were introduced for installations with more than one thermostat, it broke events when there is only one thermostat. Version 0.81 has been sent to Rick and you should see it in the updater today.

About your question on announcing CSP/HSP changes, you can set up an event that is triggered by the CSP or HSP changing. If you want to announce both CSP and HSP changes, it would take two events.

Thanks again for finding this problem.

Alan

Comment

Awesome! I just installed 0.81, and it works. The only thing is there is no notification in the log that the CSP changed. I thought I remember that from earlier builds.

As for the announcing, I should have made myself clearer. [oops] My idea is for testing purposes to have the CSP announced whenever it is changed. For example, when coming home - I hit a button to kick off my "home" event. Part of that event would be to change the CSP/HSP. I would like an event/script triggered by the change (that part I can figure out), and also announce the new CSP "Cool setpoint chnaged to 76." Where would I get the 76 part to speak?

Thanks for the quick responses and fix!

Comment

AJ,
                    If you have a device assigned to the CSP, and logging (in HomeSeer) is enabled for that device, then changes in the CSP will be written to the log. Same for the HSP and the current temperature. I think it has been like this all along.

Getting the 76 part in your example can come from two places. You can use the following line in a script:

hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat").thermostats.Item(1).CoolSetpoint

This will work for thermostat 1, or, if you use a device mapped to the CSP the value of the CSP is added to that devices DeviceValue variable. So if your CSP is mapped to device \9 then you could use:

hs.DeviceValue("\9") to get the value.

Alan

Comment

Got it! Back in business!!

Thanks for your support. When I was playing around with all this, all my devices were deleted. I just recreated them all(*note*) and all is fine now. I see how to get the new CSP, I will play around with it when I have more time. Thanks again!

(*note*) I couldn't create the devices using the menu in HS's GUI. The only way that worked was through the web browser - no big deal, but just wanted to point it out.

Comment

AJ,
                        Glad to know things are working. When you say you tried to define a device through the menu is HS's GUI, what device were you trying to define, and what did you want to do that you were not allowed to do or that failed?

Thanks,
                        Alan

Comment

All of the devices on the tab marked "Devices" - Heating, Cooling, etc.

From the HAI Thermostats menu | Setup | Devices,

I would enter in a name, and location, check "enabled", hit OK.

Then go back in, and "enabled" is unchecked and everything greyed out.

As I said, it would only work when done from the browser interface.

Comment

Working...
                          X