Thermo does not run schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermo does not run schedule

I'm having several problems with the plug-in (one I posted earlier), but this one has me truly dumbfounded.

I check the schedule for both of my thermos (RC-80B BTW) in the GUI. All looks fine. I go to the thermo itself and run through all the settings of the program, all matches the GUI. Here is the odd part, the thermo does not 'run' the schedule. It simple sits at a desired temp.

Even stranger, after I checked the schedule in the GUI (and changed nothing) Thermo#1 appears to be 'running' the schedule again. But Thermo#2 has not, and I can't get it to do it.

The only change I made via HS was to turn both systems off via the web interface. So, how do I get the termos to run the schedule again?

IMHO, HS should not be in absolutle control of the thermos, but should allow the user to make changes as if there were at the thermo panel. I know that all HAI thermos have a mode where the 'remote' automation system has complete control over all thermo settings and operation, but I don't think HS should envoke this mode, or at least have a preference setting to turn in off. And yes, both of my thermos are/were displaying REMOTE.

Thanks for the help!
    Karl

Karl,
    Is hold on for the thermostat that is not running the schedule? That would be the only thing that would overrride a schedule.

The plug-in does let you use the thermostat itself together with the controls the plug-in supports. For example, you can change the thermostat mode (heat, cool, auto, off) at the thermostat and the plug-in will not do anything to change or override that setting. The same for hold, fan, and the set points.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by wegienka
      Karl,
      Is hold on for the thermostat that is not running the schedule? That would be the only thing that would overrride a schedule.
      No, hold is not active. That was the first thing I checked.
      The plug-in does let you use the thermostat itself together with the controls the plug-in supports. For example, you can change the thermostat mode (heat, cool, auto, off) at the thermostat and the plug-in will not do anything to change or override that setting. The same for hold, fan, and the set points.
      And that's how I would expect it to work. But it definitely was not working like that. I read in the owners that there is a special 'energy savings' mode (that what they call it) that will override any schedules. Essentialy it is in complete control by the remote system. I wonder if this is what was happening?

Also, I was trying to use the heat setpoint device (see this thread) and this may be what set the thermos into 'energy savings' mode.

BTW, I finally got them to run the schedules by changing the schedule, accepting it, then changing it back, and accepting it.

Alan, thanks for the reply!
      Karl

Comment

Karl,
        I am glad things are working. What kind of thermostat do you have? Let me know if you have any further problems.

Alan

Comment

Alan,
          I have two RC-80B.

Comment

Working...
          X