No announcement yet.

Two things with the HAI Thermo Plug-in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When You change your filter how dirty is it? The 30 day rating printed on the filter is based on average usage in an average household. It's not Gospel. If your days to filter change is decrementing with some relation to runtime find a number of days to set it to that meet your specific requirments(How dirty your filter should be when it's time to be changed) That way your not changing it too early(waste time and money and planetary resources) and not changing it to late(taxing your system spreading dust or desease)

Or in my case hairballs! AAACK!
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Hairballs??

I change it on the first of the month, every month. I buy a box of 12 every December. Its a habit I got into as a kid when it was my duty to change the filter. Sometimes they are FILTHY (usually after nice spring weather when I open the windows a lot) and sometimes they are not too dirty. Either way it gets tossed the first of the month. .....and that's why the Thermo's filter timer is not a big deal for me. I do it automatically already.

I think your advice is right on though. I bet if I had used the default value of 10 or less, it would probably match much closer to my usuage.

Good luck with those hairballs. :-)

Comment

OK, now THIS is odd.....

Any idea why the Thermo would do this?

Within a little more than 10 minutes, the the current week's usage jumped one hour. I can't figure out a scenario where this would be NORMAL.

Anyone have any ideas?

.....I think I need to rebuild my system....again.

Rob

Comment

Rob,
          I really think the issues are with your thermostat, especially since operating hours and the filter things are related.. The plug-in is only reporting what data the thermostat is maintaining. Have you noted any issues like this in the past?

Alan

Comment

Its Kookie!

I'm about 95% sure you are right, Alan. If it weren't for the fact that other than this isolated (I think...) incident, and the whacky filter thing, everything works flawlessly. I only posted here because I had this thread going and I figured that if anyone was going to know anything it would be in this forum. I am NOT blaming the plug-in!! I know it just reports and does what it is told. (Very well, I might add)

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like this. Guess not...

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X