RC80 Thermostat Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC80 Thermostat Questions

I was thinking of adding a HS automated thermostat. Smart home has a 10% off deal going on this week $155 less 10%. My question is will the RCS 80 (110801B SINGLE STAGE THERMOSTAT BACKLIT ) work with an oil furnace and A/C through HS with the plugin? If the computer goes down will the thermostat continue to work with the uploaded schedualed program? Is this a good Thermostat for HS? What options do the plugin provide? Sorry about all the question but any information will greatly be appreciated for my decision.. Thanks Dave

Pent4 3.2GHZ
    XP Prof
    1gig memory
    HS 1.7.30
    HSP
    W800
    IR1623
    netcallerid
    Weather display
    Edit/Delete Message

I have rc 100's however yes, I beleive they will work (assuming your oil furnace runs a boiler for base board heat) and if they are anything like mine they are excellent with homeseer.yes the scheduale keeps running. you can have devices show everything...fan on...fan.. off days till you should change your ac air filter... temp changed in the house... Ive even added an outside temperature device that displays on my rcs thermostat. one look at the thermostat and I now the temp inside and outside. very cool... or hot...
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

RCS80 Thermostat Questions

happnatious1: Thanks for the reply. My oil furnace is forced air but I suspect it will work fine. I went ahead and ordered it today. I will post if I have any questions. Thanks again... Dave..

Comment

If both systems run off of the same 24VAC and if your heater turns on when you apply 24VAC and your AC runs when you apply 24VAC then the RC80 will work for you.

I bought mine one year ago and it is awesome, I don't regret the extra $$$.

The HS plugin works very well. I really like the fact you can post messages to it and it flashes it's own red light when a message is received.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
          The HS plugin works very well. I really like the fact you can post messages to it and it flashes it's own red light when a message is received.
          Uh, what red light are you talking about? The RC-80 doesn't have any indicator lights!

Comment

Originally posted by BorisB
            Uh, what red light are you talking about? The RC-80 doesn't have any indicator lights!
            AHHHHHHH! I have a TR40, sorry.
            They are very cool.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X