What can I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do

I wnt to purchase the Hai thermostat to run my new AC system.
    How granular can I be with setting the temperature. What I mean is if I want to lower the temp 2 degrees, can I do that remotely? Would I need to upload a new weekly schedule to do it, or can I just change the current setting? I realize the RCS units have a lot more capability, but at around $500 for the equipment it was a little steep.

I'm not sure where you have been looking but the RCS is no where near $500.

Here's the kit for $193.99
    http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...20&cat=0&page=

But yes you can control the HAI tstat from the web as well. No schedules are needed if you use HomeSeer.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I was looking at the RS-485 version.

Comment

Oh. Why?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
          I have already run all the necessary wire (mid renovation so walls are open) , also, I didn't want to deal with the wall wort. Along with that I was entertaining adding some automatic dampers and that would have meant additional thermostats, or wall units in the RCS case. But I have decided to see how the system works (it's all new) before getting carried away, so the HAI unit is perfect for my needs.

Comment

The HAI theromstats work in increments of 0.5 degrees C ort about 0.9 degrees F The plug-in rounds to the nearest whole value so effectively you have 1 degree F of control.

You can control all the setpoints from the web interface and even from a WAP enabled phone although WAPSeer does not yet support the HS thermostats.

You can load and save schedules to and from a text file and even load a schedule as part of a HS event action.

Alan

Comment

Working...
            X