Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I restart comm to thermostat automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I restart comm to thermostat automatically?

I have an RC80b working fine connected to my Homeseer serial port. It does a fine jub. If for some reason the power is interrupted to the thermostat (Power company on-call cutout, breaker tripped) comm will time out. Comm will never restart unless I restart Homeseer or submit comm options from the menu.

Here is a suggestion for the next plugin update. I would like to see a background poll at maybe 10 minutes that would reestablish comm automatically. Maybe an option word in the configuration so I can pick the time.

At least I could use a suggestion for a script to restart the plugin every 10 minutes if comm is lost.

I just updated to from 1.0.8.2 to 1.0.9.1 and don't know if this was already addressed in the update, but didn't see anything in the forum.

Thanks!

I forwarded this request to the developer (Alan) a while back and he was looking into it. Maybe he has a workaround or an update in the works.

Comment

Guys,
      Sorry I have still not gotten to this. it is on the list to do. I have been travelling and dealing with HS2 issues.

Alan

Comment

Alan, thanks for the update. I hope you were traveling for pleasure and not business.

BTW... the final answer to my original dilemma...the transformer wasn't supplying a constant 24v. When the fan fired up the tstat would reset, causing the plugin to lock. I picked up the HAI relay daughterboard and everything works flawlessly. I have MainLobby configured to control it and its earned a high WAF rating.<O

Comment

Working...
        X