Very Happy With HAI RC-80 Omnistat and Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rene View Post
    Actually the thermostats are connected in parallel.

Rene
    yes, the install manual does say addnl units are connected in parallel (home-runs) or in a daisy chain configuration. Daisy chaining seems like 'series' to me

either way will work, just depends how easy the wiring is vs connecting them to the pc.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

wiring schematic for rc80 rs232 connector

this may be more detail than you need, but it may be useful for others in the future.

The picture shows the rs232 connection on the left and the used rj45 leads on the right. no change to the rj45 is required

using the above mentioned db9 female to rj45 female adapter do the following:

1. all 8 leads are connected to the rj45 side to start (ea. having a female end connector to insert into the db9 female end)
      2. cut the white, brown, blue and orange leads as close to the rj45 end leaving as much wire attached to the connector. you should be able to get more than 1 in. on each wire.
      3. strip each of the cut end of these leads (for twist connecting later)
      4. insert the connector attached to white into hole #8
      5. insert brown into hole #7
      6. twist the striped ends of these two together and tape (solder if you must but be careful on these thin wires)
      7. insert blue into hole #1
      8. insert orange into hole #6
      9. twist the blue and orange and a one end of a jumper segment together and tape
      10. connect/twist the other end of the jumper near the top female connector on yellow (you could also use a crimp tap connector on the yellow wire)
      11. insert yellow into hole #4
      12. insert red into #2
      13. insert green into #3
      14. insert black into #5
      15. now just put the db9 connector into place on the adapter

that's it for the adapter.

then just use the 4 conductor cable mentioned above and match the red, green, black and yellow wires straight to the stat. i used an rj45 to connect this wire to the adapter

hope this helps
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mnsandler; January 2, 2007, 07:41 PM. Reason: attach pic
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mnsandler,
        Thanks for the info. I f work ever slows down, I will be ordering some tstats and starting out on my HA.

Comment

Are there any plans to port this plug-in to .net? It works fine as it is but I would like see it as a .net plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            Are there any plans to port this plug-in to .net? It works fine as it is but I would like see it as a .net plug-in.
            i think we should start a request list of new features to add to the plug-in. this would give HST a reason to move it to .net. they probably won't do it for no reason as they have several PIs that are the old tech but work fine as is.

any ideas for new features
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X