2 wire thermostat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 wire thermostat

I pulled the antique thermostat off the wall to find only 2 wires going to it. Can I hook up an HAI RC-80B to this furnace?

It appears after re-reading the install instructions for the RC-80 all i'm missing is a common wire is that correct?

Existing wires Transformer to R and Gas valve to W
    New wire to C
    Last edited by kshoes; September 24th, 2006, 06:05 PM.

Sounds as though you only have heat and no A/C. If that's the case any 4 wire thermostat should work - (of course only with heat)

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, you're correct heat only no AC. It did work perfectly, I guess I was looking moral support more than anything . If I would have received a ton of replys telling me the next sound I heard was going to be BOOM from the furnace I would have known not to try it.

Comment

Working...
      X