Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installation of an rc80B

hi

i just got an rc80B in order to replace an existing 'oldfashioned' thermostat
    homeseer is installed & working
    could anyone tell me (with simple words if possible) how i can
    - install the thermostat (cabling)
    - enable homeseer to send on/off instructions to the rc80B

thank you very much

Livingstone

please search/browse the HAI Thermostat Plug-In Discussions forum. there are manuals (pdfs) and diagrams of what you need to do this.

but first, get the tstat working with your hvac system then connect it to HS
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks for your reply; however i must not be looking in the right place because i don't find a pdf or some literature telling me, once the thermostat is installed & working with the furnace, how to hook it up to homeseer; could you just be more specific & tell me exactly where i could find it, rather than somewhere in the forum? i would greatly appreciate it - thank you for your help.

Comment

to connect an rc80a to homeseer

check out these threads (specifically for the PDFs: the installer guide, and cable guide)

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119136
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117541

basically you need to run a 4 conductor cable from the stat to your pc (i used 50' of cat 3 - works nicely).

then you will need to make or buy an adapter (HAI p/n RC-201) to connect to the pc.
        see 21a05.PDF if you want to make it

here is schematic of the the serial end. the other end goes straight to the stat color for color
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X