Support for the Z-Wave HAI Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for the Z-Wave HAI Thermostat

Will there be support for the new HAI Z-Wave thermostat that is shipping in a few weeks?

Judd

I just installed a RC-80BZ thermostat and it looks like it's having a problem reading the temperature on the HAI unit. It shows 0 degrees at the moment. It was easy to join and Homeseer sees it as a thermostat. Just trying to get the temperature figured out now.

Comment

Originally posted by bradhs View Post
      I just installed a RC-80BZ thermostat and it looks like it's having a problem reading the temperature on the HAI unit. It shows 0 degrees at the moment. It was easy to join and HomeSeer sees it as a thermostat. Just trying to get the temperature figured out now.
      If you used the Z-Wave tstat plugin you may want to put in a help desk ticket on this. This plugin should work with all Z-Wave tstats.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Rupp,

I've put in a helpdesk ticket and Rich is going to try and get a hold of a test unit to play with it. I'm hoping it's an easy addition to the code..

Thanks,
        Bradley

Comment

Any thing form HS!

Originally posted by bradhs View Post
          Hi Rupp,

I've put in a helpdesk ticket and Rich is going to try and get a hold of a test unit to play with it. I'm hoping it's an easy addition to the code..

Thanks,
          Bradley
          Any results from you HS ticket on this?
          Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

Still no word yet. Rich said he will start working on it last week. I'll keep you posted. I'm anxious to get it working also.

Thanks,
            Bradley

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted you to know Richard at HomeSeer has resolved the issue and you can download an updated Thermostat plug-in from the web site.

Thanks Richard!

Bradley

Comment

Can you give us a breif description of what the stat supports and how it is working.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

status of RC-80BZ still not working?

I downloaded the latest update to the Z-Wave thermostat plugin, but I still can not get the status of my RC-80BZ (temp shows as 0 degrees). Maybe I have done something wrong with the update? My issue is exactly as other have described. I can control the thermostat with no problem, but I get no status from it. Below is the log from my restart of Homeseer after loading the update.

Any ideas?
                  Thanks,
                  Pete

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Starting installation of updates</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Applying update: Z-Wave Thermostat</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Installation of updates completed</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Checking for available plug-ins</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/3/2008 8:19:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: ZWave Thermostats, version: 1.1.2908.28795</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

You have the latest version, so it should be working. Try this procedure:

1) Go into setup->interfaces and disable the Zwave thermostats plugin
                    2) Click on devices and delete your thermostat device
                    3) Restart HS
                    4) Go into setup->interfaces then manage to manage Z-Wave. Click on "Load Devices" to reload the Z-Wave thermostat.
                    5) Go into setup->interfaces and re-enable the Z-Wave thermostat plugin

Check the log for errors. This procedure will ensure that the plugin finds the thermostat ok. Check the plugin config and make sure the poll interval is set to something like every 10 minutes.
                    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I'll try that

Thanks for the quick response Rich,
                      It will be a few days before I am back at the house. I will try what you suggest and post a response either way.
                      Pete

Comment

Your suggestion worked

Rich,
                        I was able to get everything to work remotely. The problem was my lack of experience with the software. I had downloaded the thermostat plugin and installed it correctly, but I was unaware that it would not be enabled until I took a manual step. Once I enabled it, everything works well.
                        Thanks again for your help.
                        Pete

Comment

I just installed the HAI RC-100BZ and it is not working with the z-wave plug-in. What do I need to do?

The plug-in is installed and enabled <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll</TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>1.1.2908.28795</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Are there any errors in the log? We tested the 80BZ model here and that one works fine. But I doubt there is any difference with the 100BZ. Make sure you have the latest plugin from the updater.
                            website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Rich,

I have 63 zwave devices and this is 20 feet from the controller. I have the following errors. Zseer sees it and tests it fine and the signail is near perfect

Error log:

4/2/2008 11:40:18 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending temperature command (1<4>), return was ERROR
                              4/2/2008 11:39:57 AM Info Event Trigger "Computer Room Desk Light Off With No Motion After 15 Minutes"
                              4/2/2008 11:39:56 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending fan mode command (D<2>), return was ERROR
                              4/2/2008 11:39:02 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
                              4/2/2008 11:38:40 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><1>), return was ERROR
                              4/2/2008 11:37:57 AM ZWave Thermostats 1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
                              4/2/2008 11:37:57 AM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Heat Pump
                              4/2/2008 11:37:57 AM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
                              4/2/2008 11:37:37 AM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null

Version HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll 1.1.2908.28795

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X