anyone interested in testing a new version of the HAI RC Stat Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone interested in testing a new version of the HAI RC Stat Plug-In

I have modified the PI (current ver 1.0.16) to improve the "Fan" device to be more inline with what is actually happening with the hvac system.

What is new:
    -the Fan device (dc 2) will change to "On" when the system status is heating, cooling or the Fan Mode is set On.
    -when the fan mode is Auto, the Fan device will now report correctly as well.
    - the Fan triggers are also working correctly (Fan Starts Running, Fan turns Off)
    -added device values to the Fan device, 0-Off, 1-On.

I have tested it with my RC-80B, but am looking for others to test with their HAI stats.

Any takers?

I would recommend saving your current HAI plug-in and HS database, etc before preceeding. That said, I did not have any problems putting this new version into my production environment.

To install, Just download the attached zip, shutdown HS, replace the current hspi_haithermostat.dll with the new one in the zip, and restart HS. everything should come up just as you left it.

Please leave me feedback with the HAI RC model you are using, what version of HS you are using, and any problems you encounter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; November 24, 2007, 09:38 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

My furnace is just a backup so it does not get used too much, but I'm willing to assure there are no surprises if your version is compatible with HS1.

Comment

Michael,
      my new ver (1.0.17) is basically the same HAI RC PI. if you are using v 1.0.16 the new one will be compatible with HS1 as well.

Should i just zip it up and attach it to my original msg
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Michael,
        my new ver (1.0.17) is basically the same HAI RC PI. if you are using v 1.0.16 the new one will be compatible with HS1 as well.

Should i just zip it up and attach it to my original msg

I realize this is an old thread, but - are there any improvment in the communication's with the Stat's?

Thanks,
        Skybolt
        -Skybolt

Comment

Are you having problems with this plugin?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
            I realize this is an old thread, but - are there any improvment in the communication's with the Stat's?

Thanks,
            Skybolt
            No, I never had any comm problems so never looked at it.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Are you having problems with this plugin?
              -Skybolt

Comment

Attached Files
                -Skybolt

Comment

I don't see the problem. the plugin will report an error in the hs log if it can't comm with the tstat. (try unplugging the plug as a test to see the log entries)

And hs will only update the "last changed" if the value actually changes for the current value. so it looks like the 1st floor temp dropped a degree from 11:28 to 11:47 and 2nd floor temp held steady.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

... so it looks like the 1st floor temp dropped a degree from 11:28 to 11:47 and 2nd floor temp held steady.
                    I agree, except it never does this when I am around - Never the less, I will try this test and also try useing a hair dryer to watch the rise. What is the quickest poll rate supported?

Thanks,
                    Skybolt
                    -Skybolt

Comment

I agree, except it never does this when I am around - Never the less, I will try this test and also try useing a hair dryer to watch the rise. What is the quickest poll rate supported?

Thanks,
                      Skybolt
                      I use 10 secs, but i suppose 1 second is the quickest however you should watch your cpu utilization if you go with 1 sec
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I use 10 secs, but i suppose 1 second is the quickest however you should watch your cpu utilization if you go with 1 sec
                        The reason I ask is that you can enter anything you like throughthe web page, but if you try and use the config under interfaces, it wants 20 sec or greater. And I am not sure if that confuses the issue, if I set it through the web page or through the VB6 interface.

I will try setting through the web page and a hair dryer when I get home and see what happens. Thanks for your quick responses, it is appreciated.

-Skybolt
                        -Skybolt

Comment

-Skybolt

Comment

It seems that the fan monitoring is still off, the plug-in status when the heat comes on, the fan is running, when the thermostat's "FAN" icon is off, also pcstat.exe says the fan is off.

Not a big deal, but when summer rolls around and AC is needed this might be an issue. I am runnig the latest .17 posted above.

Thanks,
                            -Skybolt
                            -Skybolt

Comment

It seems that the fan monitoring is still off, the plug-in status when the heat comes on, the fan is running, when the thermostat's "FAN" icon is off, also pcstat.exe says the fan is off.

Not a big deal, but when summer rolls around and AC is needed this might be an issue. I am runnig the latest .17 posted above.

Thanks,
                              -Skybolt
                              what RC stat model do you have? or does your stat control the fan separately from the heat and cool circuits? did you get the same behavior from the previous version of the plugin (v .16)

I have an RC80 which only controls the heat and cooling. the fan is controlled via the furnace itself.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X