HAI plug-in not installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI plug-in not installing

Just tried to install the HAI thermostat plug-in. Was unsuccessful.

The updater seemed to run right. When I restarted HS I saw comments in the log that it was installing. I got the windows prompt that asked me something to the effect of if I know how to stop and restart thermostat scripts. I answered no. I have no thermostat scripts.

Then I went to Tools/Setup/Interfaces and its not there. Restart HS and now there are no comments in the log for this plug-in. I did find files in the directory HomeSeer 2\updates2\HAI Thermostat Plug-In1.0.16.0.

What am I missing here?

Are you running HomeSeer as a service? What version of HS are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Rupp

I'm running version 2.4.0.6 as a normal application, not service.

Comment

Try reinstalling the plugin and answer yes to the question and see if it will install.

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that did it.

FYI to others, when prompted with this question you must answer yes or you get no install.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

It ensures the user installing the plugin knows how to disable the older script support.

Comment

New problem.

The HAI plug-in is now installed. Afterward I found that mcsTemp was broken and other plug-ins were not working right. I decided to reboot the PC. As HS started up, it hung at the point of communicating with thermostat. hs_comatibility.exe was railing my CPU at 100% utilization. I had to kill it with task manager before my CPU burned up.

mcsTemp is still not working but my other plug ins seem ok.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I disabled the plug in and rebooted the PC. All is back to normal except that the HAI plug in is not working.

Rupp should I submit a ticket?

Comment

Just loaded it here and tried it and it's working as expected. I do not have the MCS plugin loaded though. I would try re-enabling it again and look in the log for any errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spock View Post
                    New problem.
                    mcsTemp is still not working but my other plug ins seem ok.

Any thoughts?
                    What model thermostats are you using? I had problems with both this plugin and mcstemperature with Omnistats 2000. I eventually gave up on the plugin and use my own script. It appears that serial communications with 2000 are very "flaky" and unless some robust error handling is implemented it can run into an indefinite error state and start passing bogus values to mcsTemperature.

Comment

Yeah, I do have the Omnistat2/RC2000. I don't have McsTemp recording anything with it yet though. It's just recording my Oregon temp sensors.

One important note I should make. I don't yet have successful communication with this thermostat yet. Still working on getting my Quatech QSE-100 serial to Ethernet adapter properly setup to make the link.

It appears the HAI plug-in hangs hard (CPU at 100% and HS locked up) if the communication is not working when HS starts up.

Comment

Working...
                      X