Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirby
    replied
    The new thread for this continuing saga can be found here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...50#post1176850

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    Good idea, Mark.
    I'll try and do that tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Kirby,
    I've installed the new version. Thanks for posting.

I'll report back my findings in a few days

I think it would be helpful to start a new thread for this version, and just put a link from this thread to the new one. Just a thought

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    Apr-12 10:46:57 AM Updater Error Installation of package Omnistat 3 failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Apr-12 10:46:57 AM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe' because it is being used by another process.
    If you do, do the following:
    1) Disable the Omnistat 3 plugin. DO NOT exit HomeSeer.
    2) Rename HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe in the HomeSeer root directory to HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe.XXX.
    3) Return to Manage Plugins and install the update.
    4) Once the update has been successfully installed, you may remove HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe.XXX.

To go back to normal updates, delete the updater_override.txt file.

Reply to this thread if you have any issues.

Kirby
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Great. I'll check back in a few weeks.

good luck with your son's HS setup

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Kirby,
    any updates on integrating the external temp sensor input into the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    Excellent. Thanks. I didn't end up using very much of the code as it turned out but it was really helpful as a reference.

I now have the plugin running under Linux in a virtual box. It seems to run fine but I haven't put many miles on it. The log files may be an issue. I won't have a chance to test more until next week.

If anyone wants to try it on Linux, there is a glitch in the install script. Linux files are case sensitive, windows not. The image files don't get unzipped into the images directory. I will fix it next release. Meanwhile, if you unzip the file "HomeSeer/Updates3/Omnistat 31.0.0.152/Images.zip" into a new folder named "HomeSeer/html/images/Omnistat 3" then everything should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• AO!
    replied
    Originally posted by AO! View Post
    I like the idea of named colors (maybe red, yellow, green, blue, purple) but I would put those into a config file so that someone could change the numbers. I would leave the intensity as a stand alone...I don't recell programming in the intensity

I have HS3 running on a virtual box right now...I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks that I might actually get a weekend off to work on HS.
    Well, I guess a couple of weeks turned into a couple of months, but I have most of this weekend off

I've been bringing the HS3 up to speed on the virtual box, and loaded your code to connect to the bench Omnistat3...Everything looks OUTSTANDING! I hope my backend code did not cause you any hair loss

I'll move the Omnistat from the bench to the wall this weekend and let you know if I run into any problems.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by Kirby View Post
    Thanks, Mark.
    I had done that but I just discovered is that also under setup/settings/messages Outdoor Status needs to be checked.
    i guess mine was already checked as i don't remember setting that.

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    Thanks, Mark.
    I had done that but I just discovered is that also under setup/settings/messages Outdoor Status needs to be checked.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by Kirby View Post
    Mark,
    Does your outside temperature display on your thermostat? I have the sensor attached and I can read its value from the register (68) but it doesn't display.

Also when I broadcast the temperature from a HomeSeer device, it displays on the older thermostats but not on the RC-1000 or RC-2000. Is there some display setting that need to be set?
    yes my outside temp displays on the stat. the date/time alternative with outside temp. In the stat setup i identified the external sensor #1 as outside

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    Mark,
    Does your outside temperature display on your thermostat? I have the sensor attached and I can read its value from the register (68) but it doesn't display.

Also when I broadcast the temperature from a HomeSeer device, it displays on the older thermostats but not on the RC-1000 or RC-2000. Is there some display setting that need to be set?

Leave a comment:

• Kirby
    replied
    2. hitting the Raise on the current heat setpoint seems to affect the cool set point (raises as well)
    The plugin doesn't change one setpoint based on setting the other. The thermostat does maintain a three degree difference between the setpoints. If you raise the heat setpoint to within the less then three degrees of the cool setpoint it will raise the cool setpoint. This behavior can be seen on the thermostat independent of the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    1. when changing occ mode, the cool setpoint seems to following however the heat setpoint does not. i'll check the settings on the stat as well.

2. hitting the Raise on the current heat setpoint seems to affect the cool set point (raises as well)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X