Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message In Lyric Plugin Config Page

Error Loading Page

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.SubmitRequest(WebClient& objClient, String strURL, String strAPI, String strParms, String strData, Boolean blnPOST, Boolean blnRetry) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.TokenRequest(String strData) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.RefreshAccessToken() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.GetAccessToken(Boolean blnForceRefresh) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.APIRequest(String strAPI, String strParms, String strData, Boolean blnPOST) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.APIRequest(String strAPI, String strParms) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.GetLocations() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.BuildLocationList(Bool ean blnRebuilding) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.BuildContent() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.GetPagePlugin(String strPageName, String strUser, Int32 intRights, String strQueryString)

Having problems? Follow these steps first.

If you can provide a bit more context, too, that would be helpful in diagnosing this issue. Did this work before and stop working? Is this a new thermostat that you've just connected?

Comment

i have the same issue, yes it was working for months no its not new.
      Error Loading Page

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.SubmitRequest(WebClient& objClient, String strURL, String strAPI, String strParms, String strData, Boolean blnPOST, Boolean blnRetry) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.TokenRequest(String strData) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.RefreshAccessToken() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.GetAccessToken(Boolean blnForceRefresh) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.APIRequest(String strAPI, String strParms, String strData, Boolean blnPOST) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.APIRequest(String strAPI, String strParms) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.HWConnection.GetLocations() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.BuildLocationList(Bool ean blnRebuilding) at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.BuildContent() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.GetPagePlugin(String strPageName, String strUser, Int32 intRights, String strQueryString)

Comment

I just made some updates and am actually only a few minutes away from posting a new version (though I'm not sure how long it will be until HS pushes it to the updater). I don't know if it will help you guys, though, since a copy/paste of an error message doesn't really help me troubleshoot at all... I'm always willing to work on this stuff and make it function, but there's a reason there is an entire thread dedicated to instructions on what I need in order to help!

Comment

shill,

I followed your problems instruction set, attached is the log file from the Lyric plugin.

HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)
          Plugin version: 1.1.1.0
          Description of the problem: "INFO: 7 thermostats not ready yet" + error in first post of thread on plugin config page
          HS3 Server OS: Windows Server 2012 / VMWare ESXi 6.5 VM
          Lyric device & model: Lyric Rounds
          Log file: -ATTACHED-

Comment

PS Okay I just updated to 1.1.1.0 and it fixed the "Error Loading Page Object reference not set to an instance of an object..." error on the plugin config page.

However, on my plugin management page, it still says "INFO: 7 thermostats not ready yet"

Comment

Thanks. Based on the location where that error is happening, I'm more hopeful that the change I made will fix this for you once version 1.1.1 is available in the updater (your note says "1.1.1.0", but the log shows it's actually "1.1.0.0").

I also noticed that the log file shows your auth token, so I removed it once I downloaded it to make sure no one could try to use it to send commands to your thermostat. I'll work on improving that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by fksk View Post
                PS Okay I just updated to 1.1.1.0 and it fixed the "Error Loading Page Object reference not set to an instance of an object..." error on the plugin config page.

However, on my plugin management page, it still says "INFO: 7 thermostats not ready yet"
                It keeps track of which ones it's successfully updated since restart, so it should say that for the first minute or so (especially with 7 thermostats!). I haven't had as much experience with this plugin and multiple devices, so it's possible there's another issue at play. If that doesn't clear up after a few minutes, I might need a new log file. If so, please send it directly to my steve@skware.net address.

Comment

Been running for awhile, 7 stats status message is still showing. Wanna PM details on what you want/need out of the log?

Also, for giggles, once I'm done we may end up with 40 or so thermostats.

Comment

Hi Steve, I also seem to be having a similar issue. I can open a new case if need be. This is my first attempt at linking the plugin to the thermostats so they have never been setup. I am trying to link the Lyric Account to the plugin and receiving "CRITICAL: Failed to get Interface Status from Honeywell Lyric: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when clicking "connect the honeywell lyric plugin to your lyic account" at step 3. I am not sure if I am actually on 1.1.1.0 as the user above's log stated differently. If I do need to update, where else can I download the latest plugin from? Let me know if you need more info from me.

HS Version HS3 ZEE S2 3.0.0.425 (linux)
                    Plugin Version 1.1.1.0
                    Lyric Devices are T5 (3)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can you try to just connect one first? I only have one, and it works for me, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with a condition that only occurs when there are more than one...

Comment

I just selected one thermostat when adding and the same error occurred.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll look into it, but it's likely going to be after we get through Hurricane Florence...

Comment

Sorry for the delay on this - while Raleigh ended up not getting hit by the hurricane, I instead managed to break my thumb (on my right hand, no less), which makes typing and using a mouse challenging, so I've not been nearly as productive as I'd like...

Comment

Hi Steve, sorry to hear about the injury!! No worries at this point as i am in no rush to get this resolved. I actually no longer have a clickable link to the Lyric plugin under my Plug-ins Manage page. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin, as well as tried to manually navigate to the URL to no avail. Im not sure if ill need to SSH into my Zee, delete a config file then reinstall. Have you seen anything like this before?

Comment

Working...
                              X