No announcement yet.

Error Message In Lyric Plugin Config Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, unfortunately yes. It is still the same as post #21.

Comment

But there are no errors in the plugin log?

Comment

Correct, log has same content as previously posted.

Comment

For the heck of it, i uninstalled the plugin, manually removed the config and ini file, restarted and reinstalled. It again did not create the ini file. I manually created it and only added the first 2 lines. I did not set the logging to 6. Same error. This is what was in the log:
          Main.Main - Log file location: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.log
          11/28/2018 12:40:17.138 Info PluginLogic.InitIO - Running on Linux Version 4.1.19.7 using Mono version 4.5.1
          11/28/2018 12:40:29.574 Error PluginConfigPage.GetPagePlugin - Failed to create page: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.classes+Version..ctor (System.String strVersion) <0x741682e0 + 0x0009c> in <filename unknown>:0
          at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.classes+Version.op_LessThan (HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.classes+Version objV1, System.String strVersion) <0x74110b60 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
          at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginLogic.NeedsMonoUpgrade (HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.classes+Version objVersion) <0x74110748 + 0x001b3> in <filename unknown>:0
          at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.BuildContent () <0x7410eba0 + 0x0022f> in <filename unknown>:0
          at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.PluginConfigPage.GetPagePlugin (System.String strPageName, System.String strUser, System.Int32 intRights, System.String strQueryString) <0x7410ac98 + 0x00513> in <filename unknown>:0

Comment

There has to be something else going on that's causing this... I'll need to build a separate version and add some specific logging to try and handle this. The whole read/write config files thing is built-in to HomeSeer, and not specifically a capability with my (or any) plugin, so I'm concerned there might be some other environmental factor at play (permissions on the config directory? have you added any other new plugins successfully recently? do other config files in that folder have updated date/time stamps?, etc.).

Comment

I have a separate SD card. I will rebuild my Zee and reinstall the plugin to test. I agree it sounds like something on my build of homeseer itself.

Comment

I think I just found the issue! If your version of Mono only has 2 digits ("4.8") vs. 3 digits ("4.8.1"), this error can happen. I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Comment

Great news Steve! I haven’t actually tested it on a fresh build yet otherwise.

Comment

Well... I'm not sure that makes sense now that I look back at your posts - you're running Mono 4.5.1, so it shouldn't have hit the same error I just hit. The error message was the same and it was in the "Version" class, so I was really hopeful. Let me know after the update surfaces if it happens to fix it for you; if not, I'll add more logging statements and send you a private build to try out.

Comment

Steve! Great news. After the plugin update I was getting the message about Mono version. I had to get a new image from homeseer with the newer version of mono because I couldn’t update it through ssh. I am finally up and running!! Thank you for all of your help.

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
                        X