This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems after last update 1.1.4.1

After the last update 1.1.4.1 I get the error message in my plugin manage page
    WARNING: plugin object not available
    plugin updated once again and also once deleted and reinstalled.
    I can not enter the plugin settings for log info

windows 10
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Lyric T6

jan-10 13:00:53 Device Control Device: Thermostaat Lyric T6 Setpoint to (value)°C (18) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    jan-10 12:59:19 Starting Plug-In Plugin Honeywell Lyric started successfully in 5 milliseconds
    jan-10 12:59:19 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Honeywell Lyric ...
    jan-10 12:59:19 Info Plugin Honeywell Lyric has connected. IP:***************&*&
    jan-10 12:59:19 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell Lyric
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Install/Update of package Honeywell Lyric was successful.
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Docs\skWare\Lyric\skWare Honeywell Lyric Plug-In User Guide.pdf
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Making dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Docs\skWare\Lyric\
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Extraction Complete.
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Extracting files from zip file: images.zip
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\skWare\Lyric\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.exe.config
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.exe
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Installing package Honeywell Lyric
    jan-10 12:59:12 Updater Update hspi_skware_hw_lyric.exe downloaded successfully
    jan-10 12:59:10 Updater Downloading update: Honeywell Lyric
    jan-10 12:59:10 Updater Starting download of updates
    jan-10 12:58:39 Info Plugin Honeywell Lyric with instance: has disconnected
    jan-10 12:58:36 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Honeywell Lyric

That message does occasionally pop up on the manage plugins page if it happens to refresh before my startup process gets to a certain point, but that shouldn't stop anything from working and should go away on the next refresh of the list.

The more worrisome issue is that you're not able to get to the Config page. Stop the plugin, then edit your HS3\Config\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.ini file and change LogLevelFile to 6. Also, while you're there, please confirm which version number it shows in the config file and whether there's an entry under "Internal" called "RootDevices" (if it still shows your old version, that one won't be there, which means it's not starting up and/or not running the "Upgrade" method properly).

Comment

Shill,

I also am having a similar issue.

the plug in doesn't show up in the drop down menu to get to the config files

Devoir

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm. It's working fine for me, unfortunately, which is why I released it and why it's hard to troubleshoot. It'd be easy to blame Linux, but they original post is from a Windows system...

Comment

Are you registering the config link from a secondary thread that exits? I ran into this. Rich said that calling register page needs to be on a thread with the same lifetime as the plugin. FYI in case it helps.

Comment

I am indeed in the HS3 \ Config \ HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.ini file Version = 1.1.3 and I can not find an item under "Internal" called "RootDevices"
            But is there a possibility to perform the update in a different way.
            because removing and reinstalling does not help me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
              Are you registering the config link from a secondary thread that exits? I ran into this. Rich said that calling register page needs to be on a thread with the same lifetime as the plugin. FYI in case it helps.
              I have a seconday thread for InitIO per the recommendation, will need to check sequence and where registerlink happens. But that doesn't explain the "plugin object not available" status (that's my message, not a built-in one) and none of it explains why it works on my system...

Comment

Originally posted by Mono View Post
                I am indeed in the HS3 \ Config \ HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.ini file Version = 1.1.3 and I can not find an item under "Internal" called "RootDevices"
                But is there a possibility to perform the update in a different way.
                because removing and reinstalling does not help me.
                That's a good thing, in a way. It just helps show me that the issue isn't with one particular area of change. Once I resolve it, a new version will appear in the updater. No action is necessary until then.

Comment

Ok, I made a couple of small changes to the order of things in the startup process. I have no concrete evidence about why this is happening, but this area of the plugin is definitely where a change I had to make with 1.1.4 was located. If this doesn't work, please see the note above about changing your logging level, as I'll need more data to do anything further.

To use this, stop the plugin, put the EXE from this ZIP file in your HS3 directory, then start it up again. (Note: the version number may not update in the manage plugins page when you use this method - don't worry about that for now.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Current Date/Time: 1/10/2019 4:40:45 PM Central Standard Time
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)
                    HomeSeer: Is Registered
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - Work Station
                    OS Version: 6.3.9600 Service Pack: 0.0
                    I shut down HS3 and restarted the system. I don't see any Microsoft request to allow program changes however

No matter how long the unit runs INFO: Plugin start is pending

Devoir

Attached Files

Comment

The only difference between your system and mine (aside from the fact mine works) is that I'm on .470, but Mono (the user, not the compiler) said they're using .478.

Current Date/Time: 1/10/2019 5:57:38 PM Eastern Standard Time
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.470 (Windows)
                      HomeSeer: Is Registered
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center - Work Station
                      OS Version: 6.3.9600 Service Pack: 0.0

Jan-10 5:56:55 PM Honeywell Lyric Running on Windows Version 6.2.9200
                      Jan-10 5:56:55 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Honeywell Lyric started successfully in 677 milliseconds
                      Jan-10 5:56:54 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Honeywell Lyric ...
                      Jan-10 5:56:54 PM Info Plugin Honeywell Lyric has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59113
                      Jan-10 5:56:47 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell Lyric

Not sure what you mean about Microsoft requests, though.

Were you able to turn up logging? How many Lyric thermostats do you have?

Comment

I tried to update my version to yours .470 I can only find SetupHS3_3_0_0_435 as the current download from https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/#HS3 Website or that is what down loads every time I try... I can't find .470 or higher

My comment about "Microsoft Request" i really meant when I install new software it's blocked unless I allow the exception or allow the new software to run... It was not blocking the plugin from running

How many thermosats? 2

I can't get to the logging page thru the plugin... I have not tried the "Stop the plugin, then edit your HS3\Config\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_LYRIC.ini file and change LogLevelFile to 6."

Devoir

Comment

What I have is probably beta from the forums. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to get involved since you're not actually "installing" anything.

Comment

The other difference is that I only have one lyric thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                              Ok, I made a couple of small changes to the order of things in the startup process. I have no concrete evidence about why this is happening, but this area of the plugin is definitely where a change I had to make with 1.1.4 was located. If this doesn't work, please see the note above about changing your logging level, as I'll need more data to do anything further.

To use this, stop the plugin, put the EXE from this ZIP file in your HS3 directory, then start it up again. (Note: the version number may not update in the manage plugins page when you use this method - don't worry about that for now.)
                              I have done this March now I get to see this on my screen

Comment

Working...
                              X