Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entered Wrong Device ID

Shill (or others that may know),

Can you please tell me where the Device ID is stored or how to do a clean install of your plugin? During configuration, I inadvertently entered the MAC address of the thermostat as the device ID (i.e., before I read your excellent instructions, duh! ).

Now I am not able to get back to the configuration page to fix my error. The configuration menu link just loads a blank page. And I can't find the device ID mentioned in any of the configuration files (e.g., HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.ini), etc.

The log reports the following error (presumably because the plugin is trying to convert the alphanumeric MAC address to integer):

Error Getting web page from plugin page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config:Conversion from string [MAC address] to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Subsequent uninstalls/reinstalls have resulted in this error:

Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config. Plugin: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance:

...and it goes down hill from there...

Any help in fixing my error and/or doing a clean install of the plugin would be appreciated. TIA!

--Hozer

To reset everything, stop the plugin and delete any devices it created, then start the plugin again and add your thermostat(s) again.

Comment

Yup, that did the trick, thanks!

--Hozer

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hozer View Post
        Yup, that did the trick, thanks!

--Hozer

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
        Great! I think I actually need a sticky on this FAQ, too, as you're definitely not the first to do that

Comment

Shill --

I did the same thing as Hozer but, in an effort to try to fix it I uninstalled the plug-in and restarted the system. Now, I cannot re-install the plug-in. Each time I have tried I have received a message saying that the installation has failed. The plug-in appears, but I cannot enable it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- TPat

Current Date/Time: 4/12/2017 1:09:34 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.312
          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 57 Minutes 31 Seconds
          IP Address: 10.0.1.114
          Number of Devices: 45
          Number of Events: 1
          Available Threads: 389

Enabled Plug-Ins
          3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
          3.0.1.83: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TPat View Post
            Shill --

I did the same thing as Hozer but, in an effort to try to fix it I uninstalled the plug-in and restarted the system. Now, I cannot re-install the plug-in. Each time I have tried I have received a message saying that the installation has failed. The plug-in appears, but I cannot enable it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- TPat

Current Date/Time: 4/12/2017 1:09:34 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.312
            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 57 Minutes 31 Seconds
            IP Address: 10.0.1.114
            Number of Devices: 45
            Number of Events: 1
            Available Threads: 389

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
            3.0.1.83: Z-Wave
            Check the list of files near the back of the instruction manual and try deleting those then restarting before attempting the install again. Also make sure the hspi exe for that plugin isn't running (maybe a full reboot?) before trying the install again.

Comment

I Got It Working

My previous post has not posted yet, but...

I updated the plug-in while it was disabled (rather than deleting it) as it said in the log (duh) and it seems to have worked. It still said that it failed, but I was able to enable the plug-in and it has created the device(s). Saving settings seems a little strange, though, they kept disappearing, but they seem to be there now.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                Check the list of files near the back of the instruction manual and try deleting those then restarting before attempting the install again. Also make sure the hspi exe for that plugin isn't running (maybe a full reboot?) before trying the install again.
                Thanks for the fast reply. I didn't even see this before I sent my second post (my first post was being moderated, I guess.)

I have a HomeTroller Zee S2 - how does one look at the file system with that?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. I didn't even see this before I sent my second post (my first post was being moderated, I guess.)

I have a HomeTroller Zee S2 - how does one look at the file system with that?

Thanks!
                  I assume via a telnet or SSH session, but I've never touched one so I can't give you any more specific details than that. I'd use something like MobaXterm which has a combined terminal (Telnet/SSH) + file explorer (SFTP/SCP) window (which is how I manage my own fleet of Raspberry Pi's - it's just that none of them are HomeTrollers )

Comment

Right, got it. I may try that, but haven't done that kind of stuff in years. I may just stick with the UI.

Thanks!

Comment

Right, got it. I may try that, but haven't done that kind of stuff in years. I may just stick with the UI.

Thanks!
                      Based on this thread, I've added a "download log" button on the config page in the upcoming release

Comment

Working...
                      X