Thermostat Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Failure

I made a change to my thermostat with the Honeywell app on my phone, and I didn't get the change in Homeseer. I am seeing this isn the log:

Jan-05 8:13:42 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-05 8:13:42 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 84544: The operation has timed out

I tried clicking the Update button on the web interface, but i received the same error. It looks like the last data update was somewhere around 2PM today.

Is there something I can try? I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.293 (Windows), and 1.1.13 of the plugin.

Thank you

It looks like something was down on Honeywell part as it started working again last night. I was able to use my phone app to change the temp ago I guess something else was down on their end.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
      It looks like something was down on Honeywell part as it started working again last night. I was able to use my phone app to change the temp ago I guess something else was down on their end.

Thanks
      Yeah, I occasionally get that on my end as well, but if the web request is timing out without a response, there's not much I can do about it, unfortunately. Glad it was back up and working soon for you!

Comment

I have been seeing this a lot more lately than I can say that I have seen since starting to use the plugin. It is good that it is re-establishing communication, but upsetting in that I don't know if it will go down and then not change the setpoint when it should.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
          I have been seeing this a lot more lately than I can say that I have seen since starting to use the plugin. It is good that it is re-establishing communication, but upsetting in that I don't know if it will go down and then not change the setpoint when it should.
          I'll look at capturing that better and see if there's a way to flush cookies and start over in a new session, and also look to throw an error that can be used as an action, but unless they give us a real API to work with, I don't think we can expect much better.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't really know if there was much that you could do, especially if it is on their end, which it always appears to be. I have a notification coming to my phone when it gets a failure, and then again when the device comes back as success.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X