Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to set temp with auto

Hello,

I've been trying to see if I can set a temperature and leave my controls set to auto. I never turn the heat or cool on. I leave on auto and then just adjust the set point. I have not been able to find a way to do this with the plugin. It only gives me two choices of heat or cool to then adjust the set point.

My use case is I just want it to hold a certain temperature when I am in the room. Sometimes that may be cooler and sometimes that may be warmer. So I do not always know what mode to go to so auto would work perfectly if I could get it to work.

What am I missing? Thanks!

John

Does your thermostat have an "auto" mode? If not, the plugin will let you "simulate auto mode" by turning on that option.

However, both the thermostat's auto mode & the simulated auto mode require at least a 3 degree separation between the heat setpoint and the cool setpoint.

Also note that, at least on my system, it seems to keep dropping out of "simulated auto mode" and I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.

You can create your own version that doesn't have the 3 degree difference with events based on the current temperature changing, but I wouldn't recommend going any tighter than 2-3 degrees since that will require switching back and forth between modes too frequently.

Comment

Working...
    X